Help choosing a Deck

Express Man

Looking for advice.

Looking to book on the Valor First time getting a balcony here. Was looking for input on which deck we should get.

Decks left are Decks 8 Verandah ,10 Panorama and 11 Spa. Looking to see what's best away from any distractions, Privacy, Noise from Lido ect.

Looking for advice.

Looking to book on the Valor First time getting a balcony here. Was looking for input on which deck we should get.

Decks left are Decks 8 Verandah ,10 Panorama and 11 Spa. Looking to see what's best away from any distractions, Privacy, Noise from Lido ect.

If I had those choices, I would go with a Verandah balcony towards the aft. Others will swear by the spa balcony.

It's usually best to have cabins above and below your cabin, but if you can't, the further from the Lido main pool the better for me. Just seems to be more traffic in the hallways there.

have you reviewed cruisedeckplans.com? I always look there for what is above and below before choosing a cabin and a lifetime membership to the site is about $40. the membership gets you more pictures but you can still see the basics for free there I think. good luck

We always book our cabin with cabins above and below them and have never had a noise problem.

One time on a RCCL cruise we had a Junior Suite below their indoor adult pool. Didn't think it would be a problem because it closed at 10pm. BUT all night long they would roll service carts over the tiled floor above keeping us awake until numerous, increasingly irate visits to guest services stopped the noise. I'd never consider a cabin that wasn't, at least, under a carpeted floor.:)

Deck 10 rooms will have staterooms both above & below, so those are good choices. Deck 8 forward rooms (in addition to the forward-most part of midship) will have staterooms both above & below, which is good. The aft of deck 8 is under the aft pool area, midship-forward is under the main pool area, which are both risky for noise. Under the buffet area probably isn't bad, but under a stateroom is better.

Deck 11 will have staterooms below & a public deck above, plus no covering for the balconies, allowing for people to be able to look down onto the balcony. Deck 10 would be better.

We always choose the Panorama Deck. It's one deck above the Lido so there's very little foot traffic up there. It's close to all of the Lido deck activities plus it's only a few steps back to your cabin if you forget something or want to use your own bathroom.

There are cabins above and below you and because that deck is shorter and towards the front, you won't hear hardly any noise from the Lido Deck. The only time we've heard noise (music) from the Lido Deck is if we were out on our balcony and that was only one day.