Carnival Miracle - 2 days in Cabo?

We have a reservation for a Mexican Riviera cruise next year going to Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta. This is the schedule for Cabo San Lucas:

MonCabo San Lucas, Mexico09:30 AM06:00 PMTueCabo San Lucas, Mexico07:00 AM04:00 PM

What does this mean? Do we overnight there and can we get off the ship at night or do we have to be back onboard before 6 pm on the first day.

Anyone been on this itinerary? I'd appreciate your input.

You will be onboard as scheduled. the ship leaves and makes a slow cruise overnight so that you may spend money gambling, drinking etc.

It then returns next morning . You then tender back into port.

Our personal favorite is the actual true overnight in Puerto Vallarta.

Check out that itinerary to see if it will work for you.

You can come and go all night as you please. No losimg time in port due to tendering.

Good luck

Blessings

You will be onboard as scheduled. the ship leaves and makes a slow cruise overnight so that you may spend money gambling, drinking etc.

It then returns next morning . You then tender back into port.

Our personal favorite is the actual true overnight in Puerto Vallarta.

Check out that itinerary to see if it will work for you.

You can come and go all night as you please. No losimg time in port due to tendering.

Good luck

Blessings

Thank you so much for your answer. I appreciate it.

Not that I intend to do so, but what if you "miss the ship" the first day and come back on day :)2?

You are suppose to tell the ship if you plan to stay in port.

"Missing the ship" will start all kinds of trouble as they will spend time looking for you.Whenever you leave the ship you use your sign n sail card to show that you have left and you use it again when you come back so that they know who is off the ship.

It causes trouble if you are missing.

Also IF there is bad weather and the tenders have trouble traveling from the ship to the port they may skip doing it for a day and then you'll be stuck in Mexico with no way home.

You can spend the night ashore in Cabo. Just let Guest Services know. If the ship cannot tender the second day, you'll have to get yourself to the next port. (Bring your passport)

Met some guys who did this and you could tell they had a great time.

Edited by SadieN

We have a reservation for a Mexican Riviera cruise next year going to Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta. This is the schedule for Cabo San Lucas:

MonCabo San Lucas, Mexico09:30 AM06:00 PMTueCabo San Lucas, Mexico07:00 AM04:00 PM

What does this mean? Do we overnight there and can we get off the ship at night or do we have to be back onboard before 6 pm on the first day.

Anyone been on this itinerary? I'd appreciate your input.

I would not chance being off the ship all night in Mexico.

Hi,

Our son is going on the MIracle in August. Can I ask what is a True Overnight in PV? I assumed the ship would tootle around the ocean...so yes we can all spend our $$ onboard....and then dock the next day back in PV.

Bobbi

Hi,

Our son is going on the MIracle in August. Can I ask what is a True Overnight in PV? I assumed the ship would tootle around the ocean...so yes we can all spend our $$ onboard....and then dock the next day back in PV.

Bobbi

PV isn't a tender port, so you are free to come and go as you please from when you dock until the ship sails the next day!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The ship becomes your hotel for the overnight in PV. Many of the bars are open late at night. Ask some of the crew. A few bar hop until 6am.

Walmart, across the street, is open 24/7.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I did the 'true overnight' in Puerto Vallarta. The ship stays docked overnight. I was out until like 5:30 a.m. and was coming back with the crew. It was nice to experience the nightlife of a port while on a cruise, because normally you don't get to.

I did eat dinner in the MDR and I have to say the ship was a ghost town at dinner time. Most passengers and crew were ashore.