Any issues with Deck 1 on Carnival Magic?

Sailing JY

I want to book a room on Carnival Magic and am looking at an ocean view room mid-ship on Deck 1. This is our first cruise so thought lower down might be better for anyone that could feel sea sick. But, would we hear engine noise or feel vibration that low down? Also, would it be hard to get an elevator to the upper decks to go to the pool, etc. Any advice? Thanks.

I want to book a room on Carnival Magic and am looking at an ocean view room mid-ship on Deck 1. This is our first cruise so thought lower down might be better for anyone that could feel sea sick. But, would we hear engine noise or feel vibration that low down? Also, would it be hard to get an elevator to the upper decks to go to the pool, etc. Any advice? Thanks.

Probably easier to get elevator on deck 1. Mid ship far away from engine so doubt you would hear any noise from that

I've never been on Magic, but we usually book Riviera deck, mid-ship, and hear no engine noises. Love it down there. No problem getting an elevator. We're able to use the stairs for MDR. Of course, we use the elevator for Lido deck.

Lido deck is the best!!!

We always book the Riviera deck. We had a balcony once and were on another floor, but usually mid-ship Riviera. No problems with noise, very convenient for getting off the ship - walk 1 floor down to the bottom deck.

From time to time, we have had rooms where we could take the elevator straight up to the other floors- other times we have to get off on 4 or 5 promenade and walk over - either way, no issues with noise even being in front of the elevator.

I have never had a room on Lido, but I understand it is quite nice to be so close to everything.

there will be times getting a elevator will be a problem, but that is true of every deck during these crowded peak times.

And if you can't get an elevator it's quite a hike to get anywhere deck 10 and up.

I have stayed on Deck 1 of the Magic, mid-ship twice. Never had any problems. No noise or vibration, and didn't feel that the elevators were any worse than anywhere else on the ship.

The only complaint I have about Deck 1 is the rest of the people on the ship, who cannot follow directions about getting off the ship, and crowd the stairwells and hallways well before you are able to get off while in port.

We were just on Magic last month and stayed in 1371. No issue with noise at all. Anytime we wanted to go up to Lido to eat and the midship elevators were crowded we would just walk to the back of the ship and take the next set of elevators.

One good thing about staying on deck 1 is not having to wait for the elevator when coming back on the ship! One flight of stairs and we were there!!!

In terms of choosing a cabin, think about where you are going to spend most of your time on the ship. If you plan to be at the pool mostly, then probably it is better to go with a higher floor - I say this because if you forget something, you will have to backtrack to your cabin and then go back to the pool deck and if it is on the lowest passenger floor, this can turn into an ordeal. If you plan to spend a lot of time lower down - at the atrium and restaurants, then the lower floor makes more sense. Honestly, in the Caribbean, the water is smooth most of the time, so it doesn't really matter if you are on the lowest floor or the highest floor. If you are concerned, go to your local drug store and buy some Bonine. But realistically, you will probably not need to take it at all on a Caribbean cruise unless you are taking a ferry or small boat for a excursion - in that case, DO take Bonine that morning with breakfast as ferries and small boats can get lots of motion.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

Riviera deck mid ship will be the quietest place on board. I would take a Riviera deck (1) room over a Main deck (2) room anytime.

The Jack Dawson Suites! :D (we just did an interior on the Riviera, was the running joke)

Seriously though, deck 1 is very quiet and super close when it comes to getting off the ship.

One trick we learned when the elevators just weren't coming down to us fast enough is to hike up just one floor. It seemed to help speed things up from deck 2.

We were actually really pleased with our room on deck 1.

Not to give away our secret, but Riviera deck mid ship is the best location on a ship. Smoothest ride and less foot traffic. Elevators are close by and let's face it, most people use the elevators no matter what deck they are on. From our 25+ cruises, we have been on the Riviera deck mid ship 90% of the time. And the Deluxe Ocean View cabin on Magic are our favorite as they have the 2nd washroom w/mini tub. Also price is better as the higher you go up so does the cost. We are booked on Magic for October.:):)

Lido deck is the best!!!

Yea, we did Lido deck on the Breeze 1 door down from being at the pool. We would use the big heavy staff door right outside our room and we were right at the pool sliding glass door. This was great for my morning crawl to get mimosa's.