Breakaway - Balcony Cabin for 4?

bpp0417

Hi All,

Planning a cruise for 4 us. Myself and DW along with our 2 adult children (son and daughter). I'm leaning towards getting 2 balcony cabins. But thought I'd ask if there were any cabins that had pull down bunks. I don't know that cruise lines do that anymore. But it's a fairly considerable savings having 4 in a room, compared to 2 separate rooms. And considering the fact that we are really never in the room, we're trying to decide if it's worth paying for the extra room. Anyone with similar experience? tips?

There is a Pullman, and a sofa that turns into a twin. It's pretty tight, even in a balcony. We squeeze 7 of us into 2 connecting balconies, and manage, but the last time, none of the kids were adults. How about a balcony and an inside?

Depending on the itinerary for the BA, it might be okay for sleeping & changing, the regular balcony has room for 2 people to sit (and, relax ... barely)

If you can find a good price for a Mini-Suite with the KSF special for 3rd & 4th pax, it will be marginally - slightly - better with a little bit more space to move around. Compare that against one balcony and (try to select & book one) an inside across or nearby (some/most of them have interior corridors & door opening of their own ... so you can't really just dash across the hallway) with 2 bathrooms instead of an oversized bathroom for the mini (the regular baths are fine in size, much better than those on the Jewel/Dawn class ships).

Mini will still be setup with a drop-down pullman bed and the day sofa converted into a single bed for sleeping ...and, if you hangout in the room, plan to sit on the beds & lean back against the walls, as there's only a storage stool in front of the dresser/table.

Have a look on a # of Youtube videos as it will be give a better visual of what to expect & the amout of space.

We did three and 4 adults in the balcony cabins when we did the Breakaway Inaugural sailing. Booked again for this October, however noticed the mini-suite was only $200 more so I went ahead and did the mini suite - we will have 4 adults. My mother always takes the sleeper sofa and my son who is 21 is able to use the pull down. My husband and I take the other two.