Scenic inclusions

HI,

According to the bar menu

Glenfiddich single malt

Glenmorangie single malt

If you look on Scenic's website, look at river cruises, you will find a complete bar menu under dining and beverages.

We are off with Scenic on June 30th 19 day Switzerland - Basel to Amsterdam.

Have booked with Scenic for May 2017 Budapest to Amsterdam for the second time!

Perhaps I should try to find the Australian website for Scenic. The US one is a nightmare to navigate.

Yes look on the Aus. website/liquor list. The Canadian one is a nightmare also.

Marlster

HI,

According to the bar menu

Glenfiddich single malt

Glenmorangie single malt

If you look on Scenic's website, look at river cruises, you will find a complete bar menu under dining and beverages.

We are off with Scenic on June 30th 19 day Switzerland - Basel to Amsterdam.

Have booked with Scenic for May 2017 Budapest to Amsterdam for the second time!

We are also doing the reverse Amsterdam to Budapest, May 15th, 2017 on the Pearl

Marlster

We are on our first Scenic cruise on 6th June on the Danube. Anyone know what champagne they serve:)

No well known brands.

Prosecco, moscato, 'house champagne'.

Kir Royal, Bellini.

If you want 'brand champagne' you will have to pay for it.

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of both wines and liquor aboard Scenic on our cruise last month. The selection of single malts included Glenmorangie (our choice), Glenlivet and Lagavulin. There were more available at an extra charge (Johnny Blue, Dalmore).

I don't drink Champagne unless it is the good stuff and do not recall what they served onboard, but it was not memorable.

Obviously prefer the good stuff, but as long as it's not a sweet prosseco or harsh cava I'll be ok. Do they serve a decent range of gin as they are so many good ones these days over and above boring Gordans.:D

At least up to last year the champagne served at breakfast was Vive Clique. I'm not to sure what the others were but they must be French Champagne as nowhere else in the world can call their fizz Champagne. Personally I prefer Dom P. They must serve decent gin, I cannot stand it but my husband likes it and does not drink Gordon's he prefers Millers but Scenic don't stock it. CA

Edited by Canal archive
Added content

Obviously prefer the good stuff, but as long as it's not a sweet prosseco or harsh cava I'll be ok. Do they serve a decent range of gin as they are so many good ones these days over and above boring Gordans.:D

Bombay Sapphire and Tanqueray.

They did serve Moet at breakfast as I recall seeing it there but not in the bar.

I had no problem getting on the .au website. Wow, what a difference from the site available in North America. You can actually find things on it quite readily. I can't imagine why they didn't just duplicate that site and just change the terms of the offerings. Surely they can't imagine that anyone would WANT to negotiate a site set up that way?

And the included drinks menu does offer enough to satisfy a scotch lover.

Sorry, just has generic 'house' red, white etc, I know last time they focused on wines from the area we travelled through, this of course may have changed.

Some were better than others.:D

Hi Wanaka, the wines on board are mostly from the region you are traveling through. Last year they had a wine list on board another couple we got on with quite well got a copy to take home, he even marked the ones he particularly liked to see if his wine merchant could get it for him, now that's forward thinking why didn't I do that dah! The waiting staff don't mind how many wines you try before you find one to your taste, they will remember your preference which is fine until you decided to try something else just remember be quick. One thing I do like (among the many) is that I have never been served a wine on Scenic that has not been of the right temperature which is something even high end hotels occasionaly get wrong. If they see you are having a particularly convivial evening they will even leave bottles on the table mind you they still seem to sense when refills are require. Enjoy your cruise CA 🇬🇧

Perhaps I should try to find the Australian website for Scenic. The US one is a nightmare to navigate.

I have bookmarks for the Australian, British, Canadian and US web sites. They're all different and often the Commonwealth sites have the details missing on the US site.

I think I found the liquor list on the British site when I was looking for it last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

We've recently returned from our first river cruise aboard Scenic Jade, and champagne is our drink of choice. Was not disappointed with the house-selection, Nicolas Feuillatte. The wine selections at lunch and dinner did not disappoint either, especially the regional Rieslings.

Glad it's not just me! I visited the US web site for the first time last weekend and could not believe how difficult it was to find anything.

I agree the Austalian site is better (just don't mix up the currencies :) ).