My Time Dining

I am a new cruiser and will be on Explorer of the Seas next May 19, 2017 to Alaska. Can someone explain the My Time Dining? How it works? Do we choose where we eat each night or does the cruise line decide that? If I were to choose the other option, the only times showing are 8:30 pm which is much later than we usually eat. Help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We always end up doing MTD for the same reason - we didn't want the late seating. For MTD you will eat in the same restaurant every night - it's just a different floor of the main dining room. You can either show up each night and wait for them to find you a table or you can go online and make a reservation for each night. This is what we do - then we get our desired time and we end up seating at the same table every night with the same wait staff.

I am a new cruiser and will be on Explorer of the Seas next May 19, 2017 to Alaska. Can someone explain the My Time Dining? How it works? Do we choose where we eat each night or does the cruise line decide that? If I were to choose the other option, the only times showing are 8:30 pm which is much later than we usually eat. Help!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

On Explorer, there is only one Main Dining Room, so there is no choosing where to eat with My Time or traditional (fixed) dining.

With My Time, you pick when you want to eat. You can make reservations, or just show up when you want.

If you choose my time dining it means you can turn up at anytime usually between first seating time and 9pm to the my time dining desk for dinner.

You may have to wait a few minutes to get a table.

You also have the option of selecting the different times you want to eat each night. This can be done on board or on line through cruise planner.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

On Explorer, there is only one Main Dining Room, so there is no choosing where to eat with My Time or traditional (fixed) dining.

With My Time, you pick when you want to eat. You can make reservations, or just show up when you want.

Thanks for the information. We decided to make reservations after viewing the non-reservation line photos posting in this forum. We pretty much like late dining, but have to work around shows or entertainment this cruise. After viewing the lines, in which someone said was 30 or more people long, it made sense to just make the reservations, and cancel ahead of time if we decide to specialty dining or the Lido.