Transfers from LAX to San Pedro and Miami Port to MIA

Hi

We are taking the Norwegian Jewel cruise in late November from Los Angeles to Miami

We are quite new to cruising and welcome all info and advice but specifically how best to arrange transfers from the Crowne Plaza LAX to port and from ship to Miami airport.

NCL have advised we can check in from 11am on sailing day(we fly in the previous day) and must disembark by 9.30 am in Miami...our flight is not until approx 9pm so any ideas on how to store our luggage/spend 6-8 hours in Miami welcomed

Thank you

Best?

Best way is to book a private car service in LAX. You can check out the West Coast Departures forum for recommendations. But DW and I use GroundLink. Not the cheapest, but always the best... right on time, free waiting time, professional drivers, super clean vehicles, first class.

https://www.groundlink.com/

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

As for Miami... have you looked into ship excursions that end at the airport? These are usually a good option as they handle/store your luggage during the excursion. Just one option of many, I'm sure.

Edited by triptolemus

Hi

We are taking the Norwegian Jewel cruise in late November from Los Angeles to Miami

We are quite new to cruising and welcome all info and advice but specifically how best to arrange transfers from the Crowne Plaza LAX to port and from ship to Miami airport.

NCL have advised we can check in from 11am on sailing day(we fly in the previous day) and must disembark by 9.30 am in Miami...our flight is not until approx 9pm so any ideas on how to store our luggage/spend 6-8 hours in Miami welcomed

Thank you

If the Crown Plaza LAX is a partnership hotel of Norwegian, a transfer to San Perdro and The Jewel is included in the price. I am staying at the Westin LAX in October and the transfer is included.

You might want to check with some of the major hotel chains including The Crown Plaza to see you can get a day room.

• 4 months later...

If I fly into LAX and use NCL transfer bus. I collect my luggage from baggage claim and then take my luggage to the bus? Or is there a place in baggage claim with the Norwegian cruise representatives that I leave it with? Just trying to figure out if I haul/roll my own luggage to the bus?

And do I then handle my own luggage after we get to the port to the porters or does the bus driver handle the luggage? This would be to SAN Pedro.

I have never cruised NCL.

I know I can take a taxi or private shuttle, but that's not my question.

Thanks .

Edited by arizonaperson

If I fly into LAX and use NCL transfer bus. I collect my luggage from baggage claim and then take my luggage to the bus? Or is there a place in baggage claim with the Norwegian cruise representatives that I leave it with? Just trying to figure out if I haul/roll my own luggage to the bus?

And do I then handle my own luggage after we get to the port to the porters or does the bus driver handle the luggage? This would be to SAN Pedro.

Thanks .

If you get a transfer from LAX to the port in San Pedro, an NCL rep will meet you in your airline's baggage claim area and take to to the meeting place. A bus will come, the driver will handle your luggage then you board. In San Pedro, after all the luggage is unloaded, you find your luggage and then hand it over to the porters. it is a fairly simple process. I do it all the time.

If you get a transfer from LAX to the port in San Pedro, an NCL rep will meet you in your airline's baggage claim area and take to to the meeting place. A bus will come, the driver will handle your luggage then you board. In San Pedro, after all the luggage is unloaded, you find your luggage and then hand it over to the porters. it is a fairly simple process. I do it all the time.

Thanks a friend I am traveling with wants to handle luggage as little as possible,so just thought if NCL transfer took luggage once you check in with reps in b. Claim that would be her preferred way. Since it doesn't ,sounds like a shuttle van would be my preferred transport.

Thanks .

For most NCL transfers, an NCL representative will meet you at your baggage claim and take you to the NCL check-in desk. Once the bus starts loading, you hand off your bags to the bus driver and it will arrive in your stateroom.

In Miami, a taxi is your best bet. I picks you up right outside baggage claim and drops you at the terminal entrance near your airline. The NCL transfer drops you at a bus terminal and it is up to you to move your bags through the terminal to your airline.