Vista Family Harbor Suite Review

I wanted to go ahead and start this thread for those folks who are interested in finding out the ins and outs of this new category of staterooms. I will be embarking on the 24th and should have time to post a full review shortly after that. If you have specific questions that I may answer please ask away and I'll try to answer them.

I will also try to upload a youtube video of the room including video of the bathrooms and the fold down bed since the ones so far haven't shown them.

Following

I would love pics of Breakfast choices & snacks - times theyre available.

Information on the kids menus in JiJis & Cucina.

Availabilty of video consoles.

Thanks

:D Looking forward to your review as we have one booked for the NYC to Miami repo cruise. What Suite number do you have booked? Also anything you can share about the Family Harbor experience would be great. Thanks so much for doing this!!!

Have a great time guys, any info you have will be much appreciated, we go at the end of August, just got through the 100 days to go barrier. Any fun time schedules etc, noise at night in room (being under galley)

Edited by slaine29

I wanted to go ahead and start this thread for those folks who are interested in finding out the ins and outs of this new category of staterooms. I will be embarking on the 24th and should have time to post a full review shortly after that. If you have specific questions that I may answer please ask away and I'll try to answer them.

I will also try to upload a youtube video of the room including video of the bathrooms and the fold down bed since the ones so far haven't shown them.

Awesome! Cant wait for your review and pics!. We will have a FHS in February. Its myself, DH and our 3 teens. So space is a concern. The last cruise we did it was a regular suite, but they were a lot smaller (they keep growing, its crazy ;) )

So very interested in the room its self.

Thanks in advance and enjoy your vacation!!!

Edited by RNsoon2beNP

I got all excited about a FH review, but your on my sailing. LOL

See you in a few days.

Booked on the 10/11 sailing. Also interested in the noise issue. We will be in Stateroom 2482, one of the corner/wrap around cabins at the very back of the ship. Thanks for taking the time to give us updates and HAVE A GREAT TRIP! ! !

I was hoping to get info on the non suite. We have the deluxe family harbor ocean view Cat FJ. I wondered what these PJs were exactly and what treats they had for the kids.

Video Game Console types.

Kids eat free menus

First live update from the ship this morning: It was a great first day aboard the Vista.

The Family Harbor suite is a great option for families and here are a few highlights to some of the questions from prior posters with photos to come:

The breakfast in the family harbor area is even better than advertised. There was bacon, sausage, cold cuts, eggs, pastries, breads etc available which to me makes it a strong option for breakfast instead of having to go to the Lido deck.

The Pullman bed above the pullout couch needs to be lowered by the cabin steward (not by button as previously reported)

The robes provided the first night in our stateroom are red/blue custom embroidered family harbor robes and slippers were provided as well.

No noise from the areas above/below have been noticed, but the doors to the balcony are heavier duty than a normal balcony and make a louder than usual noise when not closed slowly when it slams.

One note to those with priority boarding in Athens for future sailings: The lines are not well marked and staff is still working out the kinks so be sure to stay to the "outside rope lanes" to move along through the crowds. It probably saved over an hour during embarkation. The tent used for check in is air conditioned but was rather warm for only being 81 degrees or so in Athens. There is water and cups provided at the entrance of the tents.

Fire away with questions and I'll try to answer as many of them during the week and post cruise.

Thank you for the info! Which suite do you have? I'm wondering if the noise varies by where people are under the galley.

I'm also wondering about how feasible it is to have 2 toddlers sleep on the couch. Does it pull out to accommodate 2 kids? We are considering sailing when our boys are 2 and 3, so a Pullman would be tough to do but they're already too big for a PnP. Would a travel toddler bed fit on the floor?

Again--thank you for any info!! Have a fabulous trip!

THANK YOU in advance for this!

All I'm interested in is the noise issue. Can you hear (will we be bothered by) the galley and the Family Harbour Lounge being busy with people at all hours.

Update on the noise: there is some noise from the galley above during certain times. We are in 2402.

One thing that could definitely be updated in these rooms is the light switches. The light in the walk in closet is tied into the main room lights. I brought a battery powered led light that is also magnetic to use in the closet to not wake everyone else up. Also, the curtain to block out light from the door is about an inch too short so I propped a chair against it and pushed the curtain fully closed. Also, don't place anything on the balcony to dry etc because the crews have been cleaning each day on the outside of the ship.

First live update from the ship this morning: It was a great first day aboard the Vista.

The Family Harbor suite is a great option for families and here are a few highlights to some of the questions from prior posters with photos to come:

The breakfast in the family harbor area is even better than advertised. There was bacon, sausage, cold cuts, eggs, pastries, breads etc available which to me makes it a strong option for breakfast instead of having to go to the Lido deck.

The Pullman bed above the pullout couch needs to be lowered by the cabin steward (not by button as previously reported)

The robes provided the first night in our stateroom are red/blue custom embroidered family harbor robes and slippers were provided as well.

No noise from the areas above/below have been noticed, but the doors to the balcony are heavier duty than a normal balcony and make a louder than usual noise when not closed slowly when it slams.

One note to those with priority boarding in Athens for future sailings: The lines are not well marked and staff is still working out the kinks so be sure to stay to the "outside rope lanes" to move along through the crowds. It probably saved over an hour during embarkation. The tent used for check in is air conditioned but was rather warm for only being 81 degrees or so in Athens. There is water and cups provided at the entrance of the tents.

Fire away with questions and I'll try to answer as many of them during the week and post cruise.

Do you have Periscope... I'm looking for someone to periscope from the ship????

Thanks for the info! I'm booked in a FH Deluxe OV, so this is good info to have. I'm under the MDR, so I don't have to worry about galley noise. :)

Do you have Periscope... I'm looking for someone to periscope from the ship????

Good luck on this. If someone were to periscope from the Vista, they'd need to have the $25/day premium wifi package to support the video required for this. There are far easier, and cheaper, ways to do a video on the ship than with Periscope. Videos are starting to show up on YouTube, you may want to start there.

I am booked in 2406, Cove Balcony. Please let me know how much noise you have over the week!

Also, can you get a photo of this cabin in relation to the Family Harbor Lounge? Can you take photos of the offerings inside the lounge?

Only if you can...thanks in advance!!