Can you prebook excursions and still get the $50 perk?

mal&jason

You do not have to call.

They are now giving you the OBC if you booked online.

Here is an email I just received . We booked 3 excursions

From NCL - it also has a Shorex confirmation attached. The rep said that so many people don't read the T and C that they have to do this .

This is the email:

:

Shore Excursions were pre-paid for your reservation. NCL will now issue you an onboard credit of $150.00 within 24 hours of boarding the ship.

Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended only for the person addressed. It may contain confidential information and/or

privileged material. If you receive this in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the information

from your computer. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Zabetty

You do not have to call.

They are now giving you the OBC if you booked online.

Here is an email I just received . We booked 3 excursions

From NCL - it also has a Shorex confirmation attached. The rep said that so many people don't read the T and C that they have to do this .

This is the email:

:

Shore Excursions were pre-paid for your reservation. NCL will now issue you an onboard credit of $150.00 within 24 hours of boarding the ship.

Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended only for the person addressed. It may contain confidential information and/or

privileged material. If you receive this in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the information

from your computer. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person.

Interesting that NCL decided to do this.... there are so many passengers that never read T&Cs for the SDP or UBP.....

Is that the whole email? If it is an OBC for the number of excursions pre paid then it's worth prepaying Bermuda and doing two excursions on one day (which I can't do right now and annoying me) .... makes my schedule better!!

Any mention of canceling a prepaid excursion on board and loss of OBC? Then do they refund the excursion minus OBC?

Excursion Dept call tomorrow!! Thank you

You can call them today- I did. If you cancel an excursion you will lose the OBC for that day and they will credit the entire amount you paid back if it is cancelled within the proper amount of time( what is it- 48 hours?). He said a cancellation will show as credit on the account for say $79.00 and then a separate line transaction for the reduced OBC.

Edited by Zabetty

I called a couple of weeks ago and booked two of my excursions and I called again today and booked another one. I prepaid all of them and was told both times that you can prepay and you will receive OBC after the excursion is completed.

I called a couple of weeks ago and booked two of my excursions and I called again today and booked another one. I prepaid all of them and was told both times that you can prepay and you will receive OBC after the excursion is completed.

If I understand you correctly you prepaid your excursion with the special Shorex # mentioned above at the full rate and once the excursion is completed they will credit you with the $50 or $75 in OBC?

If I understand you correctly you prepaid your excursion with the special Shorex # mentioned above at the full rate and once the excursion is completed they will credit you with the $50 or $75 in OBC?

Yes. I did this last summer. Paid upfront and received the credit onboard.

If it is an OBC for the number of excursions pre paid then it's worth prepaying Bermuda and doing two excursions on one day (which I can't do right now and annoying me) .... makes my schedule better!!
Seems risky to me. Let's say it goes through and they send you this e-mail promising you $100 OBC for your two pre-paid excursions, and you actually receive this amount at the beginning of your cruise, and then you happily take your two excursions on the same day. Then they do another check of your excursion activity and catch the error and take back $50. You can fight with them and say it's in bad taste for a company to take something back, even if it was given in error, but you can't argue that you were ever actually entitled to $100…

Seems risky to me. Let's say it goes through and they send you this e-mail promising you $100 OBC for your two pre-paid excursions, and you actually receive this amount at the beginning of your cruise, and then you happily take your two excursions on the same day. Then they do another check of your excursion activity and catch the error and take back $50. You can fight with them and say it's in bad taste for a company to take something back, even if it was given in error, but you can't argue that you were ever actually entitled to $100…

Agreed, which is why I asked 1) if the poster had given us the whole email and 2) I used the word "IF" AND 3) said I would be calling tomorrow....

NCL's passenger friendly modification to a pretty straight forward T&C requiring pre booking by calling the Excursion Dept directly makes it feasible that they would also have changed the ridiculously strict Bermuda rule..... not risky at all if you are an informed consumer and make a phone call and get a copy of the new T&C.... worse thing that happens is my excursion secure in Bermuda stays the same

I am not sure about the Shorex #, I put them on my Visa. I didn't use any special number.

I am not sure about the Shorex #, I put them on my Visa. I didn't use any special number.

I would call to confirm your reservations are eligible. I called, didn't prepay and will get credit and the charge on board. I called last weekend. T&Cs sairto call.

NCL's passenger friendly modification to a pretty straight forward T&C requiring pre booking by calling the Excursion Dept directly makes it feasible that they would also have changed the ridiculously strict Bermuda rule.....

They don't let passengers on any other itinerary combine credits for multiple days and use them all in a single day, so why should Bermuda passengers be allowed to?

They don't let passengers on any other itinerary combine credits for multiple days and use them all in a single day, so why should Bermuda passengers be allowed to?

To ask the question to you..... Why then did NCL relax the Excursion Booking T&C?? I have had to book through the Excursion Department on my previous 3 NCL cruises or lose the credit... so why allow passengers who don't read T&Cs to be rewarded now?

I only ask because they relaxed the T&C that required passengers to book excursions through the Excursion Department and maybe because Bermuda is a "stay in port" destination and maybe some Executive realized that people taking multiple excursions on the same day should be able to use a credit PER excursion............. nowhere did I say combine multiple credits for a single day \ single excursion because most single day port visits only have time for one excursion.

While I appreciate your opinions and views on previous posts you have made, it seems this was a little condescending and a tone that is very unbecoming and all I did was wonder if the Excursion Promo T&C would change to accommodate a unique port such as Bermuda.

You should champion the checked bottled water issue in Tampa because people can do it in NY and Boston .. why should they be allowed to check a case of water but Tampa cannot.....

Then next you can work for the Pride of America passengers who can't enjoy the UBP but those pesky Sky passengers have the UBP free... so what if Hawaii law disagrees

I disagree with you that because a policy is in place for one thing it doesn't necessarily mean it is or should be a blanket for everything else

Edited by esm54687

Why then did NCL relax the Excursion Booking T&C?? I have had to book through the Excursion Department on my previous 3 NCL cruises or lose the credit... so why allow passengers who don't read T&Cs to be rewarded now?
They relaxed the procedures stated in the T&Cs because imagine if people got on board and NCL told them "sorry you don't get the shorex credit for pre-paid excursions, try following the instructions next time". People who found out about this in time would just cancel all their pre-booked excursions and rebook them to get the credit. And people who found out too late would make a huge stink. By accommodating these customers, NCL is not rewarding them with anything they were not already entitled to, they are just avoiding the hassle for themselves.

There are plenty of ports where people have time to do more than one excursion. But the shorex credit has always been per port, not per excursion. You said above that the rule for Bermuda is "ridiculously strict", but it's actually the only port where they have made an exception to their rule, in the customer's favor. If they wanted to be ridiculously strict, they would offer you one $50 credit for the whole cruise, since you only visit one port. They have already made accommodations for this unique port. I understand that it would be better for your schedule if they made additional accommodations, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Anyway, what did they say when you called to ask for a copy of the new T&Cs?

Anyway, what did they say when you called to ask for a copy of the new T&Cs?

Per the Excursion Dept:

- no idea if \ when the T&Cs will be updated on the promo website to reflect the ability to pre book on line and still get credit (it still states to call 866.625.1167)

- there are discussions that this may NOT be a permanent thing and that NCL is using it to educate people going forward thus no reason to change T&Cs website. Excursion staff are advising people to call them to book in case it is a temporary thing.

- there are discussions to allow one credit per excursion not limited to per day but as of right now, it is still one credit per excursion per day (Bermuda as the example)

Thanks for relaying the info from the Excursions office.

- there are discussions to allow one credit per excursion not limited to per day but as of right now, it is still one credit per excursion per day (Bermuda as the example)

It is one credit per port (per day in Bermuda) right now, not one credit per excursion per port (/day). If you manage to find two excursions that cost less than $50 each (but over $50 combined), and you are able to do them both, you will get the full $50 credit for that port (/day in Bermuda).

I realize that this situation comes up very rarely, given the typical excursion prices and the fact that most people are going as a group of two or more people.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Thanks for relaying the info from the Excursions office.

It is one credit per port (per day in Bermuda) right now, not one credit per excursion per port (/day). If you manage to find two excursions that cost less than $50 each (but over $50 combined), and you are able to do them both, you will get the full $50 credit for that port (/day in Bermuda).

I realize that this situation comes up very rarely, given the typical excursion prices and the fact that most people are going as a group of two or more people.

Is this new? I was on the Breakaway in March of this year and at GSC did TWO Clamshells at $30 a piece and only received ONE credit of $30 ... not the full $50. You have to book these at the Excursion Desk on board and I was pleasantly surprised that the Clamshell was an "excursion" but now I am pouting that I didn't get the full $50... now I will pay attention when I go back in November

I just spoke with NCL shore excursion department and the guy confirmed that the only way to get the $50 per port shore excursion credit is to book ahead of time and it will charge to your onboard account. Then, after the shore excursion, the credit will show on your account. You have up to 48 hours ahead of the time to cancel the reservation. Thanks everyone for your help! :-)

I would call to confirm your reservations are eligible. I called, didn't prepay and will get credit and the charge on board. I called last weekend. T&Cs sairto call.

It dawned on me after I wrote the post that ShoreEx was short for Shore excursion number, and yes I called the shore ex number both times, prepaid and was assured I would get the $50 credit as OBC after I completed the excursions.