Buying expedited Embarkation

jenniferop

Hello - I have my first Princess Cruise coming up in October - I am wondering if Princess has the same program as Carnival with their Faster to Fun? Where you can buy the expedited embarkation and tenders? If not, no biggie, just wondering if it was an option - we have a few tenders on the Canada/New England cruise....thank you! looking forward to trying Princess.

If the port and specific cruise offers the Bon Voyage Experience, you can effectively buy an early embarkation by bringing someone along to partake of the Experience. You will be allowed to board with them. BVEs typically board right after any wedding parties or similar groups and before Elite/Suite/Platinum groups.

Last I knew, it costs only $39 per person to purchase a BVE. It must be arranged in advance.

You can "buy" Preferred boarding (along with the hundreds if not thousands of Platinum and Elite Princess cruisers) and priority tender disembarkation by booking a full suite. Easy peasy.

On Princess, with few exceptions, you can go directly to your cabin upon boarding. No being shuttled to Lido deck for hours.

Passengers cannot book the BVE without being linked to non-passengers who have booked the BVE. In other words, it's meant for people who are not sailing on the cruise. You can book it even if you don't know anyone sailing or you can book it to be with family or friends who are sailing.

Edited by Pam in CA

If the port and specific cruise offers the Bon Voyage Experience, you can effectively buy an early embarkation by bringing someone along to partake of the Experience. You will be allowed to board with them. BVEs typically board right after any wedding parties or similar groups and before Elite/Suite/Platinum groups.

Last I knew, it costs only $39 per person to purchase a BVE. It must be arranged in advance.

And you only have to pay the $39 for the person(s) who accompanies you to visit the ship. You already paid to get on the ship.:D

thank you everyone - cruise is already booked and fully paid for, so no suite for us...with 9 port days on a 10 day cruise paying for a suite we would hardly be in seemed silly - the Balcony will do. Just didn't know if it was an option to "buy up" and if it isn't no worries, we will wait.

The Bon Voyage Experience is an innovative new program harkening back to the nostalgic tradition from the early days of cruising, allowing guests the opportunity to invite family and friends aboard your ship on embarkation day. The program's new twist also allows cruisers new to Princess to see the inside of a Princess ship and experience the excitement of cruising first-hand -- even if they're not affiliated with booked guests.

Guests will spend up to four hours onboard before the ship sets sail, where they'll enjoy a four-course dining room lunch (including wine), a guided ship tour, and a souvenir photo! Plus, the $39 per person cost of the program can be applied toward a future cruise with Princess. Only 50 guests are able to participate in the Bon Voyage Experience on any given embarkation day, so make sure you make your reservations soon!

To learn more about Bon Voyage Experience reservations and availability near you, please contact your Travel Consultant or call 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237) as long as it is not within 7 days of sailing.

I for one am happy that Princess does NOT allow something like Carnival's FTTF (I think) and hope they don't get any ideas to do so. Could you imagine, UGH!!!!!!!!! Leave that perk for Carnival, thank you very much

There are certainly more than enough early boarders now. On one cruise, we had over 1000 Elite, plus another 1000 platinum plus some number of suite passengers. That is over 2000 of the 2500 or so on the Grand Princess with priority boarding

I for one am happy that Princess does NOT allow something like Carnival's FTTF (I think) and hope they don't get any ideas to do so. Could you imagine, UGH!!!!!!!!! Leave that perk for Carnival, thank you very much

There was a thread about a month or two back asking how everyone felt about instituting something similar to FTTF...and for the most part, Princess vets said NOPE. Many of us prefer the current system with priority going to those who have been loyal to the line (or paid for a full suite). I'm platinum on our next cruise so it's something to look forward to.

The Bon Voyage Experience is an innovative new program harkening back to the nostalgic tradition from the early days of cruising, allowing guests the opportunity to invite family and friends aboard your ship on embarkation day.
Not exactly new. Been booking it on occasion for several years. I think at least 4-5 years. :) Anyone can book it whether you know someone sailing or not.

Not exactly new. Been booking it on occasion for several years. I think at least 4-5 years. :) Anyone can book it whether you know someone sailing or not.

Also, it is limited to specific embarkation ports and I think I was told that the limit is around 50 BVE persons per sailing. You are only able to book it within 7-120 days of your sail date. The BVE person actually has to fill out his/her immigration form (although does not require a passport) and will need to print out a boarding pass.

The $39 fee is neither refundable or transferrable.

Pam, I believe that was a cut/paste from the press release on Princess' website.