Escargot???

I am certainly not well-versed in food etiquette, but I have always eaten them like steamed clams (except I use a fork and not my fingers:eek: ). The texture is similar to the "neck" of the clam. Sopping up the garlic butter with bread is also delicious. Not sure if any of this is blessed by Emily Post but I don't plan to find out.

I am certainly not well-versed in food etiquette, but I have always eaten them like steamed clams (except I use a fork and not my fingers:eek: ). The texture is similar to the "neck" of the clam. Sopping up the garlic butter with bread is also delicious. Not sure if any of this is blessed by Emily Post but I don't plan to find out.

What happens on the ship, stays on the ship! LOL

Okay now I definetly will be trying them. Thanks everyone. I bet my 10 y/o son will also like them. He recently discovered that oysters aren't that bad when you cover them in spinach and cheese :rolleyes: . So as long as I don't tell him what they are first...he'll be game.

About this ordering what you want....I've read elsewhere not to miss the Flour-less chocolate cake (or something like that), then I've read somewhere else where it sounds like it's only served at the upgrade dining rooms on board. Could I ask for a piece in the regular dining room?

And you can pre-order the lobster???? I know my kid will eat two easy, maybe three, but I don't want to look that greedy. LOL Maybe we'll each order two and I'll give him my extra.

Thanks for all the info...I love these boards!

A...

I'm pretty sure the cake was in all dining rooms. And no need to pre order the lobster. When it is served, they will bring more out anytime you ask. I always have two and on one occasion had three. It's a wonder I did not get sick, but didn't. Ummmmmm good....

Now I have to clean the drool off of my keyboard!!! We leave in 72 days and I don't know if I can hold out the long.

May have DH take me somewhere to get all of the goodies I'm reading about.

Erin,

Believe me those days will go by faster than you think. Especially with what you are planning!! Are you having a large wedding, getting married on the ship or what?

You will have so much on your mind that time will fly by. Congratulations.

Erin,

Believe me those days will go by faster than you think. Especially with what you are planning!! Are you having a large wedding, getting married on the ship or what?

You will have so much on your mind that time will fly by. Congratulations.

I ate 3 different versions of escargots:

1) Standard, in platter with 5 bumps and butter.

2) In the original shells with a little bit different souce in Paris.

3) Inside of the bun with white souce in Quebec city. (and on Celebrity)

Unfortunately the worst version was on RCCL Splendor of the Seas.. they were overcooked, and butte was almost dry.:(

I am going to have to go pick up some of those bad boys after work now! Between this thread and the pumpkin soup thread, I am starving! Someone posted a recipe with them stuffed in mushroom caps with garlic and butter. Yummmmmy!

Your boxers are so cute too.

I am going to have to go pick up some of those bad boys after work now! Between this thread and the pumpkin soup thread, I am starving! Someone posted a recipe with them stuffed in mushroom caps with garlic and butter. Yummmmmy!

Your boxers are so cute too.

Oh gosh! That sounds heavenly!

BTW, they're Boston terriers, but thanks. :)

"BTW, they're Boston terriers, but thanks. :)"

oops!!! I do see that now. The bows mislead me....:D

LOL I'm not as observant as you are. You have an adorable baby as well. What kind is he/she?

I tried posting this before lunch, but our net went down.

Archived