Platinums want refund for weather related itinerary change

LMaxwell

In the article that was linked in the opening post it said that there were TWO tugs.

Yea that Havingfun character likes to twist worlds and make up his own story in a pathetic attempt to bash Carnival. Grade school is out for the summer so it might get worse.

If all they wanted was a trip to Cozumel then they should have taken a vacation to Cozumel. She says they got a 5 day boat ride well did she forget to mention all the food that was included and her own private bedroom and the shows and other included activities? It makes no sense to get all your money back for missing a port. It sucks but it happens.

You made it to platinum without experiencing the wonder of Progreso?

I like Progreso.

When we first went to Progreso it was getting one English speaking cruise ship a week and it was interesting.

West Coast Cruiser. Only two (b2b) Carribean cruises, neither was scheduled for Progresso. Went it to Cozumel, eh

The mom (adult daughter) clearly says that they and their girls were going to the dolphin excursion. I've never done this, but I can't imagine that the youngest child would even have been eligible for that, and the older child doesn't look old enough, either.

Secondly, if you read the comments under the article, there is a person who replied who was on that ship, and commented that the winds were so bad that it caused the ship to pin a tug boat against the pier. Even though they were having technical issues with this ship, it would seem that this was a legitimate weather issue.

Third, Progreso is the very definition of "more local" as compared to other port stops (or, at least it was last time I went there). We enjoy that it is not nearly as commercialized as the other ports.

Sounds like our kind of port.

Thanks for explaining about Progresso.

The family seemed disappointed that they didn't get the meal that 'they' were going to feed them.

Evidently Chankanaab has a Dolphin encounter that's for all ages.

http://www. dolphindiscovery.com /cozumel/cozumel-location-overview.asp (take out the spaces)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SadieN

Ok so safety is second to their wants & wishes? They got $600 ($100 per PERSON OBC)? Carnival doesn't usually do that.

My thinking is this: they didn't book their excursion through Carnival (probably to save $$) & then didn't get their refund for being "no shows" since the ship didn't dock in Cozumel.

Oh & I'm ONLY gold but even I know you sail on a Carnival SHIP not a "boat"?! :p

Ok so safety is second to their wants & wishes? They got $600 ($100 per PERSON OBC)? Carnival doesn't usually do that.

My thinking is this: they didn't book their excursion through Carnival (probably to save $$) & then didn't get their refund for being "no shows" since the ship didn't dock in Cozumel.

Oh & I'm ONLY gold but even I know you sail on a Carnival SHIP not a "boat"?! :p

This would actually be quite surprising if it were true. Most of the private excursion companies will not charge you if the ship doesn't dock.

This would actually be quite surprising if it were true. Most of the private excursion companies will not charge you if the ship doesn't dock.

Just a thought. I've seen it happen in other places, smaller companies, not a complete refund or any at all....just saying it seems like there has to be ANOTHER reason they are all up in arms! Seriously - to cruise that much & NOT understand what your contract says? To think they should be compensated because they are disappointed? Personally I would rather see them on air saying "I'm so glad Carnival followed protocol & we arrived home safely." :cool:

READ YOUR CONTRACT!! Yes, I would be disappointed too, but the contract is pretty clear on this. And, if they do this for one cruiser, have to do it for ALL!! How ludicrous and impractical is that? :rolleyes:

You all know I call it like I see it and will take Carnival to task when I think they are wrong, but in this case $100 OBC was generous and Carnival should not give these people a full refund for a weather related itinerary change.

YES, It is alright to be disappointed in missing a port. But to expect a full refund because of it? Get real...

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Family-wants-refund-after-cruise-plan-changed-380289901.html

So ridiculous.