Upsell Suite

bl413

When I first started reading about window suites a few years ago, people turned their noses up at them. Some people said they wouldn't cruise without a balcony even if it was a relatively small, confined space attached to a rather nondescript cabin. Some even threatened to cancel if they were upgraded to a window suite.

For me, I think I'd enjoy the extra space and nicer finishes - marble bath with double sinks and separate shower plus all the suite perks. The location is also very convenient. For a cruise in cooler climates or a port intensive one, it seems like a really good choice.

Our upsell to a window suite for a 15-day cruise to Hawaii was perfect. The cost was only an extra $199 each. As it turned out, that cruise was the Hawaiian cruise that only made it to two ports, Honolulu and Ensenada, due to an electrical panel damaged due to a fire. Having the extra room for all those sea days was wonderful. Many sea days to and from Hawaii can be pretty cool and fewer days to enjoy on the balconies. We didn't miss a balcony at all.

The upsell worked well for us because we now have another window suite booked for a future cruise. We loved the extra space and even had a wine sharing party with our Roll Call group. We probably had at least 20 people in there.

You might not get your bang for the buck if you are on a port-intensive cruise but it worked perfectly for us.

I would love to sail in a window suite. Some have said they don't like those cabins for various reasons but, then again, many don't like aft-facing balconies and I love them. It's all in what your expectations are and what you like or dislike.

I know my wife and I would really like to try a window suite and decide for ourselves. :)

We love aft facing balconies, especially going to Alaska because you can spend the entire day outside with less cold air. You also get 180 degree views, unlike those who are on either port or starboard.

We've sailed in that exact cabin five times.. Great location, wonderful perks.. The closet space and bathroom is MUCH better than a full suite (in my opinion) and I love the lovely long desk in front of one of the windows.. I'm a painter and this is where I spend much of my time..

On another note.. several times while sailing in this cabin we encountered some bumpy seas for a day or two.. Your cabin is in a great location to smooth out a rough ride..also, from your very very large window you'll have some amazing views of the sea.. Love Fiesta Window Suites.

Regarding the comment about double credit on an upsell to a suite.. If you are upgraded (without cost) you only get one credit for the cruise..If an upsell is involved where you've actually paid addition money for the suite..you get two credits..