FTTF compared to SUITE

Hello was hoping someone will know the answer to these questions. We are sailing with my MIL who is not able to stand for long. We have a suite. I am wondering if I should actually get the FTTF also. I already know we will need to go to guest services. Am I correct that the Suites only get priority boarding and embark?

Do the suites have a shorter line at guest service? What about tenders for suite guests. I just want her to be happy.

There are several things that FTTF gets that Suites don't. So unless it specifically mentions Suites, it's not a benefit for that type of cabin. This is what is says under FTTF:

Here's what the program includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes and express boarding lane. This is only available on embarkation day. If you arrive after general boarding has begun, you may bypass the general boarding line and board via the Faster to the Fun lane.

Note: Only VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests as well as guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will have access to the Priority Check-In Lounge and proceed on board before FTTF guests.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and don your cruise attire first!

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone and line at Guest Services.

Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

Tender Priority

You will have priority tender service from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to. When ready to go ashore, if not on a Carnival shore excursion, present yourself at the Guest Services Desk.

Debarkation Choices

We are always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Things to Remember

Edited by firemanbobswife

So you are correct in saying Suites do not get priority tenders or get to use the Diamond/Platinum/FTTF line at GS. Nor will your cabin be ready at embarkation.

Agree. You need FTTF. Suites do not get those perks.

Edited by disneylover89

Hello was hoping someone will know the answer to these questions. We are sailing with my MIL who is not able to stand for long. We have a suite. I am wondering if I should actually get the FTTF also. I already know we will need to go to guest services. Am I correct that the Suites only get priority boarding and embark?

Do the suites have a shorter line at guest service? What about tenders for suite guests. I just want her to be happy.

We have been booking suites and buying FTTF- and it has been worth every penny.

Hello was hoping someone will know the answer to these questions. We are sailing with my MIL who is not able to stand for long.

If she has difficulty standing, please get her wheelchair assistance in boarding and debarking. This way she will not wear herself out just getting onto and off of the ship and will be able to enjoy it more.

I thought Carnival recently made some changes to perks provided to suite pax. It's my understanding that suites now get everything provided by FTTF with the exception of early access to the room and priority baggage. Did I read wrong?

I thought Carnival recently made some changes to perks provided to suite pax. It's my understanding that suites now get everything provided by FTTF with the exception of early access to the room and priority baggage. Did I read wrong?

Nope, you read wrong.

Does she use a walker? My mother has the same problem and we brought her small 3 wheeled walker. We also had FTTF and the wait was not long at all. In fact, friends of ours are Gold members and we beat them onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not surprised. Gold members don't get to board early. Only Diamond and Platinum, followed by Suites and FTTF.

Nope, you read wrong.

I can't find it now but I think I saw that suite perks were changing at the same time the gratuities are being raised. 1st of September I think. The gratuities are being raised to $12.95PP for non suites and $13.95PP for suites. I think the increased perks come with the increased gratuity charges.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere. You know everything you see on the internet is fact. :rolleyes:

I can't find it now but I think I saw that suite perks were changing at the same time the gratuities are being raised. 1st of September I think. The gratuities are being raised to $12.95PP for non suites and $13.95PP for suites. I think the increased perks come with the increased gratuity charges.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere. You know everything you see on the internet is fact. :rolleyes:

The gratuities went up and they did add perks in the form of enhanced turndown service, laundry, guaranteed dining preference, water everyday in your cabin (can't remember the specifics), and I read something about a Keurig. Not sure if that was on all ships or not. You do not get the priority line at GS, or your cabin ready upon boarding.

I never really thought that FTTF was worth it but last cruise we needed to go to Guest Services and the wait was a nightmare. To the point that when we saw a charge on our bill a few days later that we had no idea what it was for, we said forget it. Not going to wait on that line again. We have a suite this time and purchased it and figured it would be nice to have access to the room right away to drop everything off as well as the special Guest Services line.