Eating on board Glory

Hi,

Today's (inexperienced) questions :D

1. Once on board i'm advised to go have lunch rather than stick around in the cabin. Any recommendations where to head for ?

2. The cruise is inclusive of breakfast , lunch , and dinner each day. Presumably you cant have lunch in one place and then lunch in another on the same day ?

3. If you get the munchies during the day (between meals), is there "free" food available or do you have to then pay for that ?

Many Thanks

2. The cruise is inclusive of breakfast , lunch , and dinner each day. Presumably you cant have lunch in one place and then lunch in another on the same day ?

Many Thanks

You can have lunch in as many places as you want on the same day :D Those familiar with Glory can answer the rest :)

Unless you have FTTF or arrive after 1:30PM you will need to carry your luggage that you don't check in with the Porter with you as your cabin will not be accessible until they make the announcement.

Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina, Red Sail Buffet, and Pizza Pirate are all located on Lido Deck 9. Fish and Chips is on 10. You need to go into the Red Sail Buffet and go up the stairs by the dessert station. There is a big ship on the wall there. You can also access it from the hall or outside but this is the easiest way to explain it.

You can eat as many times as you want and even at the same place as much as desired. The only exception is dinner as far as the MDR. You have one sitting there per evening. But you can eat there and have something else somewhere else later. There is 24 hour pizza as well. There aren't that many pay options on Glory and things that cost extra are pretty well listed.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Hi,

1. Once on board i'm advised to go have lunch rather than stick around in the cabin. Any recommendations where to head for ?

I'd suggest heading to the Lido - most choices in one place and the easiest place to start. You can branch out from there.

Yes you can eat in multiple places - totally up to you when and where as long as they are open.

3. If you get the munchies during the day (between meals), is there "free" food available or do you have to then pay for that ?

Some locations are open certain hours like the buffets that open and close for specific meals. Late afternoon seems to be a tough time to catch a snack - like when you get back on board in a port. Depending on the time room service, the deli and pizza may be your only choices.

Many Thanks

See the notes above. [emoji4]

The MDR is open for breakfast on port days, brunch on sea days and dinner every night. At brunch we've been known to eat at breakfast time, then again at lunch time. Might stop at the buffet for some coffee or tea.

In the MDR order what you want. At times for dinner I've ordered two appetizers and dessert, then gone to the buffet because they're carving lamb. DH and I have also ordered one extra entree to share.

FWIW The Indian Vegetarian in the MDR is very good. You can order an Indian Non-Vegetarian the night before. Don't ask for the Meat Indian as that's not understood, can be lamb or chicken replacing the veggie protein. It's different each night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SadieN

Hi,

Many Thanks

You totally need to eat at Guys Burgers on the Lido deck. It's by the main pool!! YUMMY!!!!

Sounds like 24 hour food heaven guys ! ;)

Thanks for the advice and tips :)

Pretty much. Just me mindful of the hours. My first cruise I was wanting to get a burger at around 4, but that line closed at 2 or something.

I think from about 6:30/7am til 2pm, you have tons of food options all over Lido. There is a (food) lull between that and dinner, where most of the places close up. Lido and the main dining room open for dinner and until about 9pm you can again graze.

In those lull periods and after dinner, you have the 24 hour pizza and ice cream on Lido. There are some paid options then as well, such as desserts from the coffee shop. And if you really need something else, there is room service - some free, some not - also be prepared to tip. (Our first cruise our girls thought it was amazing to be able to order grilled cheese sandwiches and watch TV while we were in the MDR).

The sheer amount of food is amazing. You think about how much you see in one day on the ship, and they do that day after day, on a number of ships, and I assume similar on the other lines. It's almost obscene.

As we're departing out of Miami, I have already scouted out (online) a couple of Cuban places for breakfast, and then we'll do lunch on board. Which reminds me I need to get some more shorts with flexible waist bands!!! :) :D