Help a Carnival cruiser out! Questions!

Looking at trying Royal out in the winter. Thinking Navigator of the seas. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places but I cannot seem to find the info I am looking for!

I would like to know all the extra costs for things. How much are the gratuities? Ice skating? Rock climbing? Are the shows free? What are all the different restaurants on the ship. The ones you pay for, is it a set price or does it depend on what you order? What type of restaurants are they. Italian, sushi, etc....

Any other tips would be great!

Ice skating, rock climbing, Flowrider, and shows are free.

Gratuities are $13.50 per person per day. $16.50 in a suite.

Edited by clarea

It will tell you gratuity costs at time of purchase. it is something like 12.95 pp/per night. Oops Bob is right

Show, ice skating, rock climbing are all free on freedom class, don't see why navigator would be any different.

MDR, windjammer, promenade cafe are all free. Don't know current restaurants on navigator but someone will chime in. Most ships have Chops (the steakhouse), an italian place, and many have sushi but not all. All of these are specialty and can be $30-$60 per person. This is a cover charge.

Edited by atnolan94

OP: Navigator is a wonderful ship. I think you'll love her.

Navigator has specialty dining including Chops Grill, Sabor Modern Mexican, and Izumi Japanese hibachi and sushi. Prices are reasonable a la carte except Chops which is around $35-39/pp.

I believe Sabor is a set cover charge on Navigator. Something like $25-30.

Izumi is a la carte. No hibachi on Navigator though.

Chops, as you said, is $35-39.

There's also Giovanni's, which should be $25.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Just to chime in... since we were on Navigator in March. We loved our cabin! If you are interested in a balcony cabin, look at 7388 or 7688, or an even larger option in 1388 or 1788. These are 'secret' large aft balconies.

The one thing we miss on Royal that Carnival offers is 24 hour ice cream [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at trying Royal out in the winter. Thinking Navigator of the seas. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places but I cannot seem to find the info I am looking for!

I would like to know all the extra costs for things. How much are the gratuities? it just went up to like $16 per person per day in suites. so a reglar cabin will be slightly less Ice skating? no fee Rock climbing? no fee Are the shows free? yes What are all the different restaurants on the ship. The ones you pay for, is it a set price or does it depend on what you order? What type of restaurants are they. Italian, sushi, etc....

Any other tips would be great!

Izumi is sushi and Japanese hot rock.

Sabor is Mexican

Giovannis is Italian

Chops is the steakhouse.

last I heard Izumi had gone a la carte but the rest are flat rates between $25-35 per person with a kids menu at a lower cost. they cover one entree per person but as much of the other stuff as you like with Giovannis being served family style for the sides.