May 28 Empress first sailing back with RCI live review (many pictures!)

There is no dedicated lounge. It seems like its just the 3 free drinks on your card. In Boleros, there is a place where you can sit and get free drinks and snacks but it seems to be only open to those in suites. That is what I was told from Daniela.

I like this "drink-around" set-up, as I'm traveling with a non-"elite" (on 11JUN) who'd be unable to join me in a Diamond Lounge. I fully expect this to become the norm in coming years with the eventual elimination of the DLs, freeing them up to be repurposed for some form of revenue stream. Concierge Lounges will remain for suite and Pinnacle guests and moved into prime water view locations.

I like this "drink-around" set-up, as I'm traveling with a non-"elite" (on 11JUN) who'd be unable to join me in a Diamond Lounge. I fully expect this to become the norm in coming years with the eventual elimination of the DLs, freeing them up to be repurposed for some form of revenue stream. Concierge Lounges will remain for suite and Pinnacle guests and moved into prime water view locations.

I do not see an elimination of the DL any time soon. I think they may limit who can go in (just D+, for example), but I don't see it going away. If it does, say goodbye to the "best loyalty program in the industry".

This is my understanding as well- if you've been to a non-US port prior to KW, then it stands to reason that Immigrations would need to be conducted.

We leave Thursday for the next Empress sailing, but KW is our first port of call after leaving Miami so I am assuming and hoping that since we will have cruised from one US port directly to another US port, with no stops in between that Immigrations inspection in KW will not need to be done

Originally, the ports were advertised as reversed - at least on my cancelled 16APR cruise - with Key West on Sunday and Grand Cayman on Tuesday. They had touted the long stay in KW which I believe would have been 8a - 8p.

We prepaid the voom and surf package. Can anyone tell me how that worked onboard?

They will give you a card with the access code when checking in at the counter. If you were like me and bought 2, you will receive 2 cards.

Hope this helps.

Originally, the ports were advertised as reversed - at least on my cancelled 16APR cruise - with Key West on Sunday and Grand Cayman on Tuesday. They had touted the long stay in KW which I believe would have been 8a - 8p.

They (RCI) seem to have advertised a lot of things that didn't come to pass or did not happen on real vacations. I can really sympathize with those that have had not so great sailings so far.

Thanks so much for such a thorough reporting!!! I'm booked for the sailing on the 25th and was curious if you happened to get a photo of the Day 4 Compass. It's our anniversary and I am trying to decide what time to book our Chops reservation. It's nice to see what's going on in the evening before deciding :)!

For those of you who are Diamond or anove, please be aware there is no Diamond Lounge. You get 3 drinks loaded on your card, period. We really missed the hors d'oeuvres and getting to meet other experienced cruisers for a morning coffe, afternoon snack, but especially the evening drinks. It surprised us how much the lack of the lounge detracted from our cruise experience. Other things missing (little variety of gym equipment and no gym changing room) are some reasons we will not be on the Empress of the Seas again.