May 28 Empress first sailing back with RCI live review (many pictures!)

I have it on good authority from an anonymous source that Royal Caribbean intends to go to Cuba "soon" and the plan is to stay overnight in Havana.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

That reinforces the itineraries that were "leaked" on CruiseCal (and have since been removed). It seems it all depends on approvals and when they come through. Crossing my fingers for Cuba beginning the end of July!

That reinforces the itineraries that were "leaked" on CruiseCal (and have since been removed). It seems it all depends on approvals and when they come through. Crossing my fingers for Cuba beginning the end of July!

This is what I am hearing as well. It's speculated by some passengers I've talked to who follow it that they intend to blow out the first Cuba cruises like they did with these cruises when booking first started. Also rumours that the Cozumel overnight is a trial run for Havana.

22 years ago we found out our 6 year old son's cancer had spread and his prognosis was VERY poor. We desperately planned what we thought would be our last family vacation with him...a 3 day cruise on Empress of the Seas. (Nordic Empress back then) The only cabin that was available (we booked it 3 days prior to sailing) was the aft owners suite...I think the one you are staying in!!! It cost us $4000 for the 4 of us to go. (our daughter was 3) I went out and bought a video camera in order to document the entire trip. (Did I mention we had no money...but who cared?) It was an amazing trip that we will always cherish. I hope to sail in that same cabin someday soon! Our son...well, after being told he had 9 months to live, he is a happy, successful 28 year old!!! I really look forward to your pictures of the ship and your suite. Thank you!!!

What a beautiful story!:D

This is what I am hearing as well. It's speculated by some passengers I've talked to who follow it that they intend to blow out the first Cuba cruises like they did with these cruises when booking first started. Also rumours that the Cozumel overnight is a trial run for Havana.

When you mentioned blow out, did you mean good prices?

I wouldn't hold my breath because Cuba cruises will be in such demand, but it would be a wonderful treat.

I have it on good authority from an anonymous source that Royal Caribbean intends to go to Cuba "soon" and the plan is to stay overnight in Havana.

Awesome! Thank you so much!! Do you happen to know if they only plan to go to Havana or will they go to other places like Santiago de Cuba?

Awesome! Thank you so much!! Do you happen to know if they only plan to go to Havana or will they go to other places like Santiago de Cuba?

The "leaked" itineraries (that seem to match ADS94's description) only showed stops in Havana. Most, if not all, itineraries also included a stop in Key West or CocoCay.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

When you mentioned blow out, did you mean good prices?

I wouldn't hold my breath because Cuba cruises will be in such demand, but it would be a wonderful treat.

Wherever they go 8 weeks from now I'd not be surprised to see low prices because that's fairly last minute for people to plan for and they will happily fill up with locals just for onboard revenue

Wherever they go 8 weeks from now I'd not be surprised to see low prices because that's fairly last minute for people to plan for and they will happily fill up with locals just for onboard revenue

I'd love that. Might make a Cuba cruise possible before prices skyrocket.

The "leaked" itineraries (that seem to match ADS94's description) only showed stops in Havana. Most, if not all, itineraries also included a stop in Key West or CocoCay.

Gotcha. I'll likely stick with fathom if that is the case. I want to see a bit more of Cuba than *just* Havana.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Gotcha. I'll likely stick with fathom if that is the case. I want to see a bit more of Cuba than *just* Havana.

If the leaked deployments are anything to go by, it looks like an overnight in Havana with a stop in Key West, maybe a stop in Havana with a trip to the Bahamas and Key West and then just a Bahamas and Key West on a 5/5/4 pattern

If the leaked deployments are anything to go by, it looks like an overnight in Havana with a stop in Key West, maybe a stop in Havana with a trip to the Bahamas and Key West and then just a Bahamas and Key West on a 5/5/4 pattern

Yeah... Been to Key West and love it, but I would rather go there on vacation and not just a few hours on a cruise. Plus as I said, I want to see more than *just* Havana in Cuba. Oh well...

Now to decide if I want to book something and cancel and just lose the deposit (use it for instant OBC) while on my upcoming cruise as given choices I don't know if I will stick with RCCL or return to DCL or explore other lines (might love Celebrity). Hmmm...

Yeah. Michael Bayley said that on the Harmony last week! ;)

In this picture there looks to be a lot of magnets or something on the door? Do cruisers decorate their doors or something?

Yes there's a lot of decorations this cruise

That's really interesting. I didn't even know an itinerary like that was legal yet.

That's really interesting. I didn't even know an itinerary like that was legal yet.

The various itineraries people are mentioning are NOT legal yet, there in is the problem. The FATHOM type 'immersion' expeditions are the only type so far allowed, and although someone in this thread commented that they will stick with FATHOM because they want to see more of Cuba than just Havana, that isn't what I would want at all. Nor the incredibly high price that was charged for the 7 day FATHOM cruise -- it was rumored at $1800 pp for an inside cabin. Yes it included all excursions, but none of the excursions were tourist sights like their gorgeous beaches.

If the leaked deployments are anything to go by, it looks like an overnight in Havana with a stop in Key West, maybe a stop in Havana with a trip to the Bahamas and Key West

As long as they don't shove in a stop in Nassau I'll be happy. I wouldn't mind a Coco Cay/Key West/Havana itinerary. Of course, we need to see if they can get that approved.

Could they do a partial immersion cruise, like regular stops in non-Cuban ports but then they stick with the "immersion" requirements for the stop in Havana? If that's possible, it may make these cruises considerably more affordable than the one currently offered on Fathom.

It would have to hit Key West 1st then Cuba not the other way around and then offer the required excursions in CUBA probably for Free Edited by teknick

As long as they don't shove in a stop in Nassau I'll be happy. I wouldn't mind a Coco Cay/Key West/Havana itinerary. Of course, we need to see if they can get that approved.

Could they do a partial immersion cruise, like regular stops in non-Cuban ports but then they stick with the "immersion" requirements for the stop in Havana? If that's possible, it may make these cruises considerably more affordable than the one currently offered on Fathom.

From what I understand, under the rules in place today, a partial immersion cruise is not under the rules in place by OUR GOVERNMENT. Let's be honest, our Congress does not like working much, and I highly doubt they are going to change anything until President Obama is out of office. JMO, on whether Congress with actually do some work in the next 6 months.

From what I understand, under the rules in place today, a partial immersion cruise is not under the rules in place by OUR GOVERNMENT. Let's be honest, our Congress does not like working much, and I highly doubt they are going to change anything until President Obama is out of office. JMO, on whether Congress with actually do some work in the next 6 months.

Ask any Congressperson. WORK is a four letter word. :rolleyes: