May 28 Empress first sailing back with RCI live review (many pictures!)

Royal's hope is Cuba.

We will have to wait and see how it plays out.

I'm going to pester the next cruise people tomorrow.

See if they can spill the beans a bit

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I'm going to pester the next cruise people tomorrow.

See if they can spill the beans a bit

Ah, please do! :D

Just an odd question: do you know if those forward areas that look like decks directly under the bridge (not the bow, but above it) are open to passengers?

Welcome Back Party, this time with Super Mario! He gave a small talk about why he cruises Royal Caribbean. Had a three part list and all. Said Royal had the best ships, best loyalty programme, and the best staff. He's over 6,000 nights at this point, and he said Royal had given him 17 free cruises so far.

8d52d6d5470b5b6213c6192ccf71cf07.jpg

266ce5df412d80d28c8472a30166c055.jpg

We also received our photograph of the first people onboard. Free! Everyone here had the pleasure of stepping on this wonderful ship first.

ae54a9875ef91df917d037121e2a99a7.jpg

Ah, please do! :D

Just an odd question: do you know if those forward areas that look like decks directly under the bridge (not the bow, but above it) are open to passengers?

Deck 6 is open to passengers. The two decks above it are cabins on the side, the middle part is inaccessible to passengers as far as I know, I haven't been down that way on those decks.

On the boat now... finally able to post in GC.

Quick thoughts...

And to top it all off, no A/C in our room through the cruise thus far. It has been miserable. I mean miserable.

I was on a RCL ship and the A/C did not work in my cabin, called CS/told room guy, no luck getting A/C fixed so I took my blanket went down to GS, slept in the lobby with a sign that said "No A/C in cabin." With in the hour my A/C was working and the next day received a free bottle of wine.

I was on a RCL ship and the A/C did not work in my cabin, called CS/told room guy, no luck getting A/C fixed so I took my blanket went down to GS, slept in the lobby with a sign that said "No A/C in cabin." With in the hour my A/C was working and the next day received a free bottle of wine.

Brilliant idea!:)

Brilliant!!! That's what I would do lol.Our A/C on Majesty on Day 1 was horribly warm throughout the ship... We actually thought about sleeping in the VCL cause that was the only cool spot. It DID get a little better after Day 1 to "bearable"

Deck 6 is open to passengers. The two decks above it are cabins on the side, the middle part is inaccessible to passengers as far as I know, I haven't been down that way on those decks.

We are on Deck 8 and you can access that balcony directly below the bridge. There were 15 to 20 people out there when we left Miami. I'm sure very few know it exists so keep it on the down low!ImageUploadedByForums1464697632.052366.jpg.18663b8427deef607d009f92e89d7a24.jpg

The areas forward and below the bridge are accessible. Great place to see the stars -- there have been some spectacular views of Mars and Jupiter on this sailing.

We finally got our in cabin AC functioning properly. It was working before but wouldn't cool under 78 degrees or so. Now it's a bearable 70-72. My strategy was to call maintenance right before we went ashore in GC. I figured since most guests would be on shore they wouldn't be inundated with calls, so they could get to It.

Had the best scuba diving I've ever had in Grand Cayman yesterday -- I will try to get the pictures and video up when I get home and maybe make a post about it.

We are on Deck 8 and you can access that balcony directly below the bridge. There were 15 to 20 people out there when we left Miami. I'm sure very few know it exists so keep it on the down low![ATTACH]386780[/ATTACH]

I will be in room 8004 which looks out on that deck. I am thinking that the door is located right next to 8004. Can you confirm?

Had the best scuba diving I've ever had in Grand Cayman yesterday -- I will try to get the pictures and video up when I get home and maybe make a post about it.

I look forward to your pictures and video. Will these be on the Scuba board? We will be diving in Grand Cayman for the first time next February and are researching dive options. Which dive operator did you use?

Sorry for the thread hijack! Love the pictures and I really appreciate you taking your vacation time to write this wonderful review.

Thanks for keeping us all up to date with things!! Definitely interested to see if anyone knows anything about Cuba. :)

I'm trying my best! Still have a list of things to get for some people.

Talked to the Next Cruise folks. He explained that Cuba is Royal Caribbean's plan for the ship, but there is zero bookings available for anything after the July 23 cruise.

Casual meaning shorts in dining room??

The cruise line asks for no shorts in the dining room in the evening on most ships, but since they will usually not enforce it, some people ignore the request.

Edited by clarea

The cruise line asks for no shorts in the dining room in the evening on most ships, but since they will usually not enforce it, some people ignore the request.

They really are "selling" the Empress as the casual, "party" ship. I suspect that shorts will not only be tolerated, but common, in the MDR at dinner.

I've started a tour of the ship. She's a lovely little thing! Get from bow to stern in no time flat. The walking track is on deck 6, which is a change from other ships!

c025d15bfbe08ba3dc28cec684a3135f.jpg

Can I put my towel and book here and go to the Windjammer for an hour? :D (hoping I quoted the right pic)

I have it on good authority from an anonymous source that Royal Caribbean intends to go to Cuba "soon" and the plan is to stay overnight in Havana.