Shore excursions - when to book

marymcgol

Looking at an excursion on an upcoming sailing to Bermuda. On the cruise planner section of the website it says excursions are 100% refundable up to the day before sailing. If I wait and book on board can I cancel up to 24 hours in advance? I'd hate to be locked into a beach excursion and then find out the forecast is for rain ! Thanks!

If you book in advance you will pay at the time of booking. You can still cancel on board within the 24 hour time limit and you will get a refund, probably in the form of a ship board credit that would be refunded to your credit card if you did not use it on board. After 14 cruises with Celebrity, IMO a beach excursion will not sell out so you can wait to book on board.

Looking at an excursion on an upcoming sailing to Bermuda. On the cruise planner section of the website it says excursions are 100% refundable up to the day before sailing. If I wait and book on board can I cancel up to 24 hours in advance? I'd hate to be locked into a beach excursion and then find out the forecast is for rain ! Thanks!

You will have to pay in advance, but you should get your money credited if cancelling on the ship within the time frame. I always book excursions ahead - I'm a planner! When we cruised Celebrity to Bermuda last, we did a beach excursion and it was rainy in the morning a bit but ended up being a beautiful day. You never know when on an island - it can clear in a second. You'll love Bermuda!