Miracle Cabin Help!

louanne93

Hi,

It is always important to look at the deck plans to see what is above and below you on the ship.

Deck 4 aft(but on the side of the ship) you are above the MDR(main dining room) and below other cabins.

Deck 8 you are above other cabins but below either the Lido buffet area(not where I'd love) or the pool area.

I would think that Deck 4 would be quieter but of course farther from the pool and buffet.

We haven't been on those decks as we like cabins above and below us so usually stay on Deck 6or 7.

Hopefully others will come on who have stayed in the areas you are considering.

Hi,

It is always important to look at the deck plans to see what is above and below you on the ship.

Deck 4 aft(but on the side of the ship) you are above the MDR(main dining room) and below other cabins.

Deck 8 you are above other cabins but below either the Lido buffet area(not where I'd love) or the pool area.

I would think that Deck 4 would be quieter but of course farther from the pool and buffet.

We haven't been on those decks as we like cabins above and below us so usually stay on Deck 6or 7.

Hopefully others will come on who have stayed in the areas you are considering.

I would love deck 8 as it just below the lido and serenity, but have never tried a true aft. Just wondering if I will miss being below the lido and the option to just pop up for breakfast and bring it back to our cabin. Or if the true aft view would be worth being so far from the serenity and buffet area.

Some folks love tru aft wrap around balconies but I thought the normal balconies on deck 4 were towards aft but on the side of the ship.

We are not into aft anything as we like to be mid ship for stability of the ride.

Of course up to you in the end as we all like different things.

We were in 8177 last year. Could hear them moving around chairs at times. It wasn't bothersome to me. But I could sleep through just about anything. Headed back in 4 weeks and we got a balcony on deck 7 this time.

We were in 8177 last year. Could hear them moving around chairs at times. It wasn't bothersome to me. But I could sleep through just about anything. Headed back in 4 weeks and we got a balcony on deck 7 this time.

Moving of chairs doesn't bother us either! I love the location and being able to look at the ports and people watching.

I would not want to be aft on the Miracle, there is a very noticeable side-to-side vibration constantly at the rear of the ship. It is fine for dinner and hanging out in aft area, but to have it going on constantly when Im trying to rest would drive me insane.

Deck 8 is nice because you're close to the lido buffet and can quickly grab a snack or bring a picnic back to your room.

Deck 4 is great because you're closer to the water and can see more of the sea life.

We've experienced both. Love the Miracle!

Jennifer

Deck 8 is nice because you're close to the lido buffet and can quickly grab a snack or bring a picnic back to your room.

Deck 4 is great because you're closer to the water and can see more of the sea life.

We've experienced both. Love the Miracle!

Jennifer

BUT... If you had to choose, which one would you choose?

I am upgrading to a balcony. Deck 4 aft? or Deck 8 side balcony?

Deck 4 aft. Full balcony cover, great views although noisy when moving, and recessed so they are a bit larger. A laundromat back there, plus access to the two staircases that take you down to deck 3.

Win win win.

Deck 4 aft. Full balcony cover, great views although noisy when moving, and recessed so they are a bit larger. A laundromat back there, plus access to the two staircases that take you down to deck 3.

Win win win.

Yep to all the above. Also has a nearly vertical railing which gives you use of the entire deck (deck 5+ has a slanted railing pushing you back a couple of feet). The noise is more of a white noise, which we enjoy. I guess you trade the one deck up to the lido for one deck down to the MDR.

We've had a spirit class deck 4 aft probably 10 times (including wraps). Absolute favorite.

I would always take aft balcony over side, but keep in mind that deck 4 aft on the miracle have more of an overhang than deck 5+. This can be great since the aft balconies can be unbearably hot during the afternoon.

Just curious... how "unbearably hot?" Say in the middle of August?

Just curious... how "unbearably hot?" Say in the middle of August?

heat won't be as bad on deck 4 because of the overhang. But you get much less breeze so it will still be warmer than a side balcony that has the constant breeze. But still, you will have the best location on the ship, I would definitely grab aft cabins, I hate side cabins.

But deck 5 and up, the heat is really amazing. Around 2pm I'll grab my book, bottle of water and suntan lotion and sit out to read. If I'm out there for 15 minutes, that's a long time.

Five or so years ago we did Miracle from NYC to Bahamas in December. Leaving, it was cold and raining. But coming back on the last sea day, according to the ship position channel on TV, we were off the cost of Delaware going really slow. Temp outside was cool, like walking around the aft pool I wore a jacket and I'm not the type to get cold. But on my balcony, I sat out there wearing shorts/t-shirt and was sweating.

heat won't be as bad on deck 4 because of the overhang. But you get much less breeze so it will still be warmer than a side balcony that has the constant breeze. But still, you will have the best location on the ship, I would definitely grab aft cabins, I hate side cabins.

But deck 5 and up, the heat is really amazing. Around 2pm I'll grab my book, bottle of water and suntan lotion and sit out to read. If I'm out there for 15 minutes, that's a long time.

Five or so years ago we did Miracle from NYC to Bahamas in December. Leaving, it was cold and raining. But coming back on the last sea day, according to the ship position channel on TV, we were off the cost of Delaware going really slow. Temp outside was cool, like walking around the aft pool I wore a jacket and I'm not the type to get cold. But on my balcony, I sat out there wearing shorts/t-shirt and was sweating.

Thanks so much for all your help! I really appreciate it :)