Electric Outlets - Divina

bizeemomma

Are there electric outlets beside the bed on the Divina? Or just up on the desk?

Will I have any issues plugging in typical US personal appliances (like hair straightener, chargers, etc)?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are there electric outlets beside the bed on the Divina? Or just up on the desk?

Will I have any issues plugging in typical US personal appliances (like hair straightener, chargers, etc)?

There are 2 110 volt outlets and 2 220 volt outlets near the desk area. I have heard that there is an outlet behind the bed for pax who require a cpap machine or other health related devices, but I can not verify that,,,

There is a European style outlet behind the head of the bed, where the lamp is plugged in. You would have to have a euro to US plug adapter and make sure the cpap is dual voltage.

Desk outlets:

Divina10_zpsimhuxegz.jpg

EM

Edited by Essiesmom

There is a European style outlet behind the head of the bed, where the lamp is plugged in. You would have to have a euro to US plug adapter and make sure the cpap is dual voltage. EM

Thanks Essiesmom,,,I wasn't 100% positive about the outlet behind the bed,,:)

You might want to double check with MSC on the hair-straighter. A recent thread linked here, indicated that MSC policy no hair-straighter and if found MCS was to take it and destroy (which I find a bit harsh).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2355795&highlight=hair+straightner

Hope that helps.

It's not for a cpap, it's just for my cell phone/tablet charger. I will have 2 items already charging on the desk overnight, prefer not to charge things in the bathroom, and I would think power strips from home were a no-no.

If I got the correct adapter, would I be able to use that Euro plug behind the bed for an iPhone charger without frying my phone? If yes, it will work - what kind of adapter do I need to buy?

Edited by bizeemomma

It's not for a cpap, it's just for my cell phone/tablet charger. I will have 2 items already charging on the desk overnight, prefer not to charge things in the bathroom, and I would think power strips from home were a no-no.

If I got the correct adapter, would I be able to use that Euro plug behind the bed for an iPhone charger without frying my phone? If yes, it will work - what kind of adapter do I need to buy?

We bring 2 of these along with us:http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-3-Outlet-Travel-Charger-Protector/dp/B0016IXEWG We have never had a problem bringing these onboard and they provide enough of usb and outlets for our devices.

31L%2BpI123aL._SY300_.jpg

Edited by Mikesa1721

This kind:

http://www.amazon.com/American-European-Germany-Adapters-Certified/dp/B0058EG0KC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1464525930&sr=8-6&keywords=travel+adapter+plug+europe

Or this:

http://www.amazon.com/QIBOX-Adapter-Charger-Samsung-Blackberry/dp/B00GJI3L7Q/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1464525930&sr=8-4&keywords=travel+adapter+plug+europe

I actually had two of the latter, one plugged in at the desk - but I wanted to plug my laptop in by the bed, and the one time I didn't bring the regular adapter...

Using the bathroom outlet is generally a no-go because the outlet there does not work unless the lights are on in the bathroom. And the lights and outlets in the room are controlled by a card in a slot by the door. When you place a card in the slot, it turn on a little light over the door in the hallway, telling the cabin steward that someone is in the cabin. If you leave a card in the slot when you leave the cabin, the light will be on and the steward will not go in and service the cabin. If he does need to get in, he will knock, and if no answer, might go in, but will remove the card when he leaves, so no more power to outlets. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

There is a European style outlet behind the head of the bed, where the lamp is plugged in. You would have to have a euro to US plug adapter and make sure the cpap is dual voltage.

EM

When we cruised in March on the Divina, my daughter's boyfriend had a cpap machine.

We called special needs before the cruise to request an extension cord and distilled water.

To access the plug behind the head board, we needed to call (can't remember who) to send someone to the cabin to access the plug. An extension cord with the European/US adapter was provided by the person accessing the plug for the cabin.

• 2 weeks later...
We bring 2 of these along with us:http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-3-Outlet-Travel-Charger-Protector/dp/B0016IXEWG We have never had a problem bringing these onboard and they provide enough of usb and outlets for our devices.
Because this device has a surge protector built in it is dangerous to use aboard a cruise ship.

31L%2BpI123aL._SY300_.jpg

SurgeProtectiveDevices.pdf

Edited by FLACRUISER99

So.... Technically the plug is for CPAP and special needs. But... Is it unreasonable to ask my cabin steward to open up the bedside plug for a phone charger? I have a few European plug adapters in my cruise kit.... So I would have a way to plug in. Bed will be split to twins, if that matters...

I don't know if your cabin steward can access the plug. When my daughter asked for the extension cord for the CPAP, the housekeeping supervisor came to the room to verify the need for the cord and access, then provided her with a number to call to make an appointment for the person (can't remember which department he was from) to access the plug and provide the cord.

I just got off of the Divina today. I use a cpap but did not bring a foreign plug adapter. I went to guest relations and they provided me with an extension cord to use, but put a charge of $60 on my account, which was removed when I returned the cord at the end of the cruise. I had to plug it in at the vanity though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app