First Cruise - Will There be lots of kids (under 18)?

knabino

I know Carnival is a line families like to book on. For a 7 day cruise, sailing the Sunday after Thanksgiving, any thoughts on if there might be a lot of young kids? I am not kid-aphobic, but like to be able to relax and not feel like I need to edit myself be it in clothing or words.

Edited by knabino
completing the post

Most kids will be back in school after Thanksgiving until Christmas break. We used to book the first week of Dec. and get great deals.

That is what I am hoping. The year we went to New Orleans and Disney World we went during September after all the kids were back in school. Made for a fun, relaxing time for us older folks.

My wife and I are sailing that same day out of Galveston for our anniversary and are hoping for the same thing. We are only in our 20's and don't hate kids but she works with toddlers so a vacation with few kids is ideal.

We are seniors who used to worry about the number of kiddos on a ship. We don't worry anymore and have sailed even at spring break with no problems!

The ship does a good job of keeping the younguns busy and most of the ships have either a Serenity Area which is adult only or 1 adult only pool.

That makes everything really nice!

The week after Thanksgiving is usually pretty dead as far as vacation spots go.

I know in 2014 we did a Club Med for Thanksgiving week with all the kids and grandkids. Had I known how cheap the next week was (3/4 price) and how empty the resort was going to be (50% booking) DW and I would have booked another week.

I think you will find the ship pretty empty in fact I would keep watching for price drops.

I know Carnival is a line families like to book on. For a 7 day cruise, sailing the Sunday after Thanksgiving, any thoughts on if there might be a lot of young kids? I am not kid-aphobic, but like to be able to relax and not feel like I need to edit myself be it in clothing or words.

On Holidays even on HAL will be lots of kids. But please edit yourself with clothing or words any time . :rolleyes:

It depends. Not all parts of the country have the same schedule, and not all kids go to traditional school.

That said, I have seen more disruption on a cruise with twenty kids, than on a cruise with 400 of them.

I do however ALWAYS see disruptive adults on EVERY cruise.

We've sailed after Thanksgiving and late Spring, when children (and college students) are still in school for the most part. However we stay self-controlled in clothing and with words for the sake of all the other humans around us.

We're one of those rare parents who actually pulls their kid out of school in November to go on vacation. It just happens that way because of when my husband can get his vacations. He's a pretty good kid though, and just wants to hang out with other kids. He doesn't need a big group either, just a couple of boys. We've done Key West right before Thanksgiving, and then a cruise this past November, over Veteran's Day. There weren't many kids on either vacations, and it was great. We don't take him to any "adult" places/restaurants either. Although he'll be a teenager this summer, so he's getting older and wants to try more things.

I am not kid-aphobic, but like to be able to relax and not feel like I need to edit myself be it in clothing or words.

There will definitely be less kids onboard but please edit your clothing and words anyway. Many adults don't really care for other adults who think that, because they are on vacation, they can act any way they want with zero consideration for anybody around them. I will take kids acting up any day over an obnoxious and drunken adult who feels the need to throw an F bomb every 3rd word and who doesnt realize that certain attires should be reserved for 21 year olds on Spring Break. Just sayin'

It should not be that bad.

Wow. We are sailing the saturday after thanksgiving and ita actually 4 families with kids going with us. I mean i wouldnt edit myself to much. It should be expected, not everyone is as considerate as you to try to make sure they censor themselves for others.

Edited by len8tc919

Most kids will be back in school after Thanksgiving until Christmas break. We used to book the first week of Dec. and get great deals.

Yeah most will be back but there are kids that are home schooled that travel whenever. My family is boarding from miami on the saturday after Thanksgiving with a total of 19 kids from ages 8-17 and thats not including the 18 & 19 year olds that are also going.

Edited by len8tc919

Yeah most will be back but there are kids that are home schooled that travel whenever. My family is boarding from miami on the saturday after Thanksgiving with a total of 19 kids from ages 8-17 and thats not including the 18 & 19 year olds that are also going.

Not to be argumentive but most kids are in school as compared to summer, spring break, and Christmas/New Years cruises. The prices certainly reflect this basic comparison.