Fav things about Britannia

We got off Britannia on Sunday. I'd go along with Solent Richard on the first page: a) the Atrium (and the services on it); b) the Limelight Club; c) the Serenity Pool.

Thank you Tom. I followed your daily blog with interest.

I have to say the Retreat did look amazing, a waste of money with the rain we had (horizontal in Orkney) but if I was on a warm weather cruise I'd definitely book it, in fact if I was trying to economise I think I'd go for an inside cabin + retreat, especially as the balconies are a bit tight. I did notice that the Retreat was mostly covered which would suit me as I'm not a sun worshiper.

I've just read Tom's blog and want to say thank you for taking the time to do this. We will be doing the same cruise next week so found it very interesting.

The atrium looks stunning.

Well done. I'm sure Tom will be pleased with the publicity and that's another pint he owes me.;);)

I read Tom's blog last night and found it really interesting and informative- can't wait to get onboard. Must admit I am a hot n sunny cruiser really so this trip to the fjords will b different.

Just climb a few hills..........that will make you hot and sweaty!:rolleyes:

Day passes are subject to availability.

On embarkation they will be offering length of cruise passes. They usually say there are only a limited number of passes and that these usually sell out etc etc.

However, on every cruise I have been on, I have seen people buy access for just a day, later in the cruise.

It's a wonderful relaxing place :)

I went on her in July for 2 weeks. It cost me £250 and if my wife wanted to use it, it cost her £150. But the £150 offer, had to be taken, there and then.

I went on her in July for 2 weeks. It cost me £250 and if my wife wanted to use it, it cost her £150. But the £150 offer, had to be taken, there and then.

£250 for two weeks seems absolutely extortionate! When I was on doing the around Britain i think it was about £150. I got the flu when I was onboard and ended up having half refunded.

£250 for two weeks seems absolutely extortionate! When I was on doing the around Britain i think it was about £150. I got the flu when I was onboard and ended up having half refunded.

Sorry Florry.

I was wrong. Thinking about it a bit more... It was £150 for me and £100 for my wife.

Sorry Florry.

I was wrong. Thinking about it a bit more... It was £150 for me and £100 for my wife.

Ha-ha I thought it was a bit steep, I'd want the hydropool filled with ass's milk for that [emoji23] I've been wondering what they will be asking on my next cruise on Arcadia and what my strategy will be - only time will tell!

Sadly, I had this experience in Dec 2015 in the Caribbean, people reserving several sun beds from 6.00-6.30 and my cabin was right underneath on the Lido deck!

However, that said, she is a magnificent ship and I loved my cruise. The Crystal Room for dancing must be one of the best at sea and I've travelled with numerous cruise lines since 1987.

Britannia is a beautiful ship !!

What I love about her is

1 - She had ( to me ) the most perfect Baltic itinerary last year - taking me to Oslo, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Tallinn, St Petersburg, Helsinki and Bruges - Places I`d always wanted to visit.... (Ok not so much Bruges having been there 4x prior to this cruise) Plus the weather was GORGEOUS and the sea was calm - It was amazing !!!

2 - I was upgraded from a Single Inside to a Single Balcony which was amazing and a complete surprise - I didnt realise until I got to check in at Southampton - was lovely to sit out there with a drink and watch the sea and feel the breeze and to sit and read aswell, and to watch the ship preparing to depart, chatting to neighbour in next door cabin

3 - As a avid reader - I loved the Crows Nest as I could sit and read in there without getting distracted by any form of music - Managed to read 2 books over the course of the cruise.... Apparently they dont play music in the Crows Nest until 6pm

Booked again for next year to go to the Norwegian Fjords in the same cabin as in the Baltics !!!

1 Epicurean

2 Crows Nest

3 The market cafe but for the Cheese and Meat platters not the ambience.

But I might easily have also chosen-

Sindhu

Blue Bar

Glass house wine flights

This is a much better ship than its ratings would indicate!:):):)

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the Blue bar as it was quiet and quite spacious. A nice little hideaway.

Crows nest good when you can manage to get a seat. Actually managed to sit at window a couple of nights to watch the sunset and it was really beautiful.