Is a tour with Disney when cruising through Tracy Arm on Disney Wonder?

hellokittymom

Hi, everyone, our family is going to Alaska on Disney Wonder in mid June. I saw that Disney Cruise offers a small boat tour of Tracy Arm for about $200 per person. I know that Tracy Arm is not a port day for this itinerary. The ship will just cruise through Tracy Arm. So I wonder if it is worth to pay for the tour (family of four with three paying adult fare of $200) , or the views from the ship are good enough. Thanks!

Sign up right away. It is amazing. You won't regret it! Views are best by small boat!

I know a lot of people rave about this tour, and I hope to do it someday too, but the OP is talking about taking the tour with children. She doesn't mention ages, but one is young enough to qualify for the child rate. (under 12?) While some kids might do fine on this tour and maybe even enjoy it, I can imagine that some kids might get bored on such a long tour with nothing to do but look at scenery.

On our glacier sailing days, my "kids", even as teenagers, would come on deck to look at the glacier(s) for about an hour, but not stand at the rail all day like I do. I would not have spent the money to take them on the small boat tour, because I know they would not have appreciated it, but I did spend a lot of money to take them whale watching, which they loved.

I know a lot of people rave about this tour, and I hope to do it someday too, but the OP is talking about taking the tour with children. She doesn't mention ages, but one is young enough to qualify for the child rate. (under 12?) While some kids might do fine on this tour and maybe even enjoy it, I can imagine that some kids might get bored on such a long tour with nothing to do but look at scenery.

On our glacier sailing days, my "kids", even as teenagers, would come on deck to look at the glacier(s) for about an hour, but not stand at the rail all day like I do. I would not have spent the money to take them on the small boat tour, because I know they would not have appreciated it, but I did spend a lot of money to take them whale watching, which they loved.

The tour lasts 3-3.5 hours, so it's not that long: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/tracy-arm-alaska-fjord-and-glacier-explorer/

I had kids on my 10 hour tour and they were amazed by it. I think they enjoyed it just as much if not more than the adults did.

I think they would be bored by the ship's viewing but not by the small boat viewing.

One thing to consider in the height of the kids. On the outside parts of the "not so small" boat, it can be crowded and might be hard for kids to see much. If they sit inside, they should be able to have a window seat with a good view and not be in the wind and cold air.

Hi, everyone, our family is going to Alaska on Disney Wonder in mid June. I saw that Disney Cruise offers a small boat tour of Tracy Arm for about $200 per person. I know that Tracy Arm is not a port day for this itinerary. The ship will just cruise through Tracy Arm. So I wonder if it is worth to pay for the tour (family of four with three paying adult fare of $200) , or the views from the ship are good enough. Thanks!

Without a doubt the small boat tour is a must!

We're on the Aug 15th Disney Wonder cruise. I also have the Tracy Arm excursion booked for all of us - my kids are 4 and 6. I was waiting to hear others' reviews in June and July before deciding if we'll all go, or just DH and I. Ideally I'd like to bring my kids, but it's a lot of money to spend if they are just going to whine and be bored. So if you do it, please post your review!

If they offer it on our cruise I will definitely be taking it. We will have a 6, 8, 10 and 12 YO. They will be allowed to bring their IPAD so if they get bored they can do that. Unfortunately only the two oldest have ones so they will have to share. That said, I really don't expect to be pulling them out for anything but pictures. Ours is a touring day then on to Victoria so I'm hoping we'll be able to get it.