Messages Re: Boarding Time

We are boarding the Oasis this coming Saturday and have received messages (text and email) regarding a recommended arrival time at the port of 12:30pm to 3:30pm. Is this standard or does it indicate that something out of the norm is going on?

I hear of this happening a lot, and to be honest, many people just ignore them and go when they want to go. I think they do this in an effort to not have thousands of people show up at 11am! Some people will adhere to that message and others will not.

We are boarding the Oasis this coming Saturday and have received messages (text and email) regarding a recommended arrival time at the port of 12:30pm to 3:30pm. Is this standard or does it indicate that something out of the norm is going on?

Unless the message mentioned some specific issue, such as extra sanitation procedures needed, then it seems to be routine.

Got the same message on two of the last three sailings. Only once did it seem like a longer than usual wait in the terminal. That delay was because if large then normal late disembarking guests and then getting through customs. But still ended up on the ship by noon.

Thanks everyone, guess I will just stick with my own plan & go when we get ready!

Good plan. I've gotten those emails for my last several sailings, from RCI and at least one other cruise line. I've ignored every one, no problem at all.

For the Anthem, you actually select your own time to show up. When we got to the terminal, no one cared or paid any attention.

The point is, go when you want. You may have to wait, but if you are sitting at your hotel, you are still waiting!

Edited by MommaBear55