Platinum stateroom access?

jayscore

Are Platinum passengers allowed early access to their stateroom like FTTF do?

Thanks in advance!

You sure are, your room is ready as soon as you board. FYI... You may have to open some double doors to your floor that have signs on them that will tell you NOT to open. This doesn't pertain to Diamond, Platinum or FTTF. I'm thinking Suites might need to be added to that list.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You sure are, your room is ready as soon as you board. FYI... You may have to open some double doors to your floor that have signs on them that will tell you NOT to open. This doesn't pertain to Diamond, Platinum or FTTF. I'm thinking Suites might need to be added to that list.

Suites are not included in the early room access. They changed it a few months ago on the F2F that suites were included but then changed it again and removed it.

I keep my key in my hand where it can easily be seen by crew members so they don't hassle you.

I keep my key in my hand where it can easily be seen by crew members so they don't hassle you.

Interestingly, we've never been hassled at all going to our cabin upon boarding with Platinum benefits.

Suites are not included in the early room access. They changed it a few months ago on the F2F that suites were included but then changed it again and removed it.

Probably too much for the Suite Stewards to get all of those cabins done before boarding.

Only once was our cabin not ready upon boarding. It was a perfect storm of the ship returning from HI, full Coast Guard inspection, crew immigration check and over 800 Diamonds and Platinums onboard. We've had the same steward twice before, during his contract. He kept on apologizing about the cabin not being ready.

Edited by SadieN

This is the sign that is posted. Suites are not included.

4c27fb4e9b9b118fc9ec483b80c651b4.jpg

Edited by firemanbobswife

Interestingly, we've never been hassled at all going to our cabin upon boarding with Platinum benefits.

Perhaps hassle is the wrong word. On some ships there have been crew directing folks when you board and they question you when they see you heading for the cabin areas. It's easier to have the card in hand so they can see it and then they don't ask.

On our recent Legend cruise to Alaska, our cabin was not ready. Piles of sheets in the hallway and the stewards were scrambling around trying to get the cabins ready. No big deal for us, we went to Lido and had lunch then went back and our cabin was ready but others weren't. We also asked for one service a day and that was in the morning.

We had a early check in time and got onboard relatively early on the Breeze this year, our cabin wasn't ready, just needed vaccuming but we only wanted to drop off our carry on stuff anyways. Steward said okay and we left to go explore and get something to eat.