Earliest flight: regular debarkation Orlando?

virginiab

We'll be getting off the Magic on Sunday, December 11. I don't want to use self-debarkation, but we will be in the first group after that, as we are platinum.

I'm looking at the Southwest flight schedule and see a nonstop at 12:20. Would that work? What time should I schedule a shuttle service?

Advice from others who prefer not to schlep all their luggage and have sailed from Port Canaveral would be extremely welcome!

Thanks to both of you for your help. I did have the date wrong; that could be embarrassing to get to the airport 24 hours early!

If that was the case, you definitely wouldn't miss your flight. :D

Have you considered buy the TSA pre check? Some of the best money I have ever spent. the lines at the airport are ridiculous! and then we use the luggage express or whatever its called now. put the luggage out the night be fore and don't see it again until we are at our home airport. Just don't let the DH pack all your shoes! Walking off the ship barefoot is like the walk of shame! and a cab to the airport ooo I don't even want to think how dirty that floor was!

I would be a little uncomfortable with a 12:20 out of Orlando (but then I am a "nervous Nellie" who would rather have an airport wait than a missed flight). That being said, even before the recent TSA issues the security wait at MCO could be extremely long. Also several years ago there were serious brush fires between Port Canaveral and Orlando that caused road closures and made our trip longer than normal. Things could go perfectly or things could go awry. You just never know.

Have you considered buy the TSA pre check? Some of the best money I have ever spent. the lines at the airport are ridiculous!

We just got this! I am so excited to not have to take off my shoes or have to wait 15 minutes while dh puts his belt and shoes back on!

We are considering TSA PreCheck. We would have to drive a few hours to an airport that has it available to sign up, so it's mainly a scheduling question for us now. We're looking for something fun to do in one of the areas where we could do the precheck process.

I'm sorry about the packed shoes! I had a close call once with overpacking on the last night; I was just lucky that my bag was still outside my door when I figured it out.

Now that I have made reservations for the proper day (and not the day after), it turns out the flight on Saturday is at 12:40 instead of 12:20 on Sunday. It also cost us fewer SW Rapids Rewards points.

Thanks for all of the advice and ideas. You guys are great!

We are considering TSA PreCheck. We would have to drive a few hours to an airport that has it available to sign up, so it's mainly a scheduling question for us now. We're looking for something fun to do in one of the areas where we could do the precheck process.

You can't get pre-check at O'Hare? Where would you have to go?

You can't get pre-check at O'Hare? Where would you have to go?

You have to fill out basic information on line. Where you have to go for the interview and finger printing depends on where you live. You can also find that out on the website. We were able to just go to downtown Rockford, IL where we live and do the live interview. If you are in the Chicago area, there is a place to do this in Rosemont, IL.

We got off of Magic on 4/30/16. Also platinum and walked off the ship around 8:30. Slight wait going thru customs and on the shuttle around 9. About a 45 minute ride to the airport. TSA lines were long, it took probably another 45 getting thru there. We had a 2PM flight and had plenty of time for lunch and shopping.

We're going on Magic again in March and I'll definitely do an earlier flight out. I think you'll be fine with 12:20.