Riviera , Venice to Barcelona may/June 2016

S2000ap1

It's very easy to have your little bottle of gel in your pocket/purse (if you are so inclined) :D - in fact, it's a very good idea (on the ship as well - saves you from running back to the dispenser after you are done with the menu).

And people do get sick in restaurants all the time.

Some people may get sick in restaurants but not from noro that I have heard about.

Some people may get sick in restaurants but not from noro that I have heard about.

Perhaps you haven't heard everything and maybe those people that got it there forgot to report to you (or didn't even know where they got it)? :)

If people get Noro in schools, stores, airports, etc they can get it in restaurants - nothing special about restaurants to keep Noro out (especially if food preparers and servers are carriers).

The point is that you can keep your hands clean everywhere if you want to, not just at the ship's gel dispensers.

Edited by Paulchili

GOD, I WISH I HAD NEVER MENTIONED THE USE. OF GEL OR OTHER WISE IT WAS AN OBSERVATION NOT PART OF A PARTY POLITICAL BROADCAST, doubt I would get it any way all the rubbish I come into contact with , oh just been gardening in bare hands on NO ! Think I might have a splinter have to let if fester and slide out on a sea of puss !!

Some one ask another question pleaseeeeeeeee!

Montenegro was nice , really is a nice town where one docks although prone to the odd weather aberration . Lovely sail going in and out along the fiord. Taxi drivers are a pain at the port entrance , just ignore them !

Oh I do think Nolan Dean is a great cruise director , not a bad comic with a bit of character .

[quote name=S2000ap1;50182699Montenegro was nice ' date=' really is a nice town where one docks although prone to the odd weather aberration . Lovely sail going in and out along the fiord. Taxi drivers are a pain at the port entrance , just ignore them !

Oh I do think Nolan Dean is a great cruise director , not a bad comic with a bit of character .[/quote]

We liked Nolan too. He has a surprisingly good singing voice. (I say surprising because his speaking voice is quite ordinary, but his singing voice is very strong. IMHO)

:) Highlights for us: KRKA National Park in Croatia, Olive Oil Tasting in the Luberon accompanied by the chefs from the Culinary Center, and the surprise Happy Birthday serenade for my husband in the GDR by six slightly tone-deaf waiters (shades of "Christmas Story"). Friendly service everywhere we went, and of course, the food was wonderful.

:( Lowlight: impossible Internet. We had unlimited and felt very sorry for those who were paying by the minute. Took forever to log on. Found ourselves wandering the stateroom looking for that sweet spot. (By the coffee table! By the corner of the bed!) Then once we did log on, could not send or receive photos by either email or message. Once we finally got to the hotel in Barcelona, their internet worked, and we caught up on 12 days of messages not sent or received.

All in all, though, this was a great experience for us first-time cruisers, and we're already planning our next one.