Laundry Fees on Eurodam - Summer Med Cruise

SLOTheta

There was a thread bouncing around that asked about Laundry and possible up charges for European summer cruises.

I emailed HAL @ HAL_Ship_Services@HollandAmerica.com

---

Sent: Monday, May 30, 2016 11:27 AM

To: HAL Ship Services (HAL)

Subject: Laundry Prices on Eurodam for Med Tapestry Cruise

Hello,

How much is it for the laundry by the bag? How much is unlimited laundry per day?

Thank you!

Next Day Response:

Hello Nancy,

Laundry by the bag is $20/bag and unlimited laundry for your sailing is $84 for the stateroom.

Kind regards,

HAL

It doesn't appear to be a surcharge for a summer European cruise. $7 a day and $20 a bag. We will be going with the $20 bag option.

I plan on printing the email out and bringing it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm bringing my email. I've read on here that if you bring proof in email on paper, they honor what's written in the email. My friends who are on this cruise again this year, took a similar summer cruise last year. They said they also paid $7 a day and $20 a bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 months later...

We have tried three times to get the $7 a day price and no luck! They are insisting it is $9 a day or $30 a bag for Europe! Any way to get the $7 a day rate? We are on a 22 night cruise so it adds up. Why are they charging more for Europe? Same ship, same crew, same equipment etc...... does soap cost more in Europe?

We have tried three times to get the $7 a day price and no luck! They are insisting it is $9 a day or $30 a bag for Europe! Any way to get the $7 a day rate? We are on a 22 night cruise so it adds up. Why are they charging more for Europe? Same ship, same crew, same equipment etc...... does soap cost more in Europe?

That's a shame....and I hope it hasn't changed since we called ahead and easily got the $7/day for Europe. It was a couple years ago, just a phone call and confirmation email. It seems that others have recently been able to do this too. Either they have changed the rule, or you've just had bad luck with who answered the phone. Do you have a PCC or TA who can help out?

Edited to add: when we got to the ship, they were charging $9/day for Europe. But our pre-paid $7/day was honored with NO problem.

Edited by Cruising-along