Has Anyone Ever...

canfly4

You can no longer do that, most of them are sold out now a month before sail date. If its available it will be a small fortune anyways, though they usually close out the sailing 2 days before and dont allow anyone to book regardless.

Edited by lemansz20
c

We used to be able to do it all the time as family rate (DH worked onboard). Once I had to disembark one cruise and wait at the port to see if a cabin opened up as it was a full sailing...( There was a no show so I was allowed to sail) ... but now they changed the rules for security reasons. General sales cutoff now is I believe 48 hours before in order to turn in manifests....

Edited by poz222
Change CCL to onboard

In July of 2013 I added my oldest the day before we sailed. Granted we already had cabins booked but he was not supposed to go and at the last minute he was able. When we got to the port (Galveston), I heard them say they sent someone to our room to check it out before we got on and we had to go through extra screening and a pat down. Everyone we encountered were in good spirit and just laughed with us through it, did not take long at all.

I kind of did this past January. I thought we wouldn't be able to go because of a blizzard, so I cancelled our original booking. But we decided to drive last minute and I booked about 24 hours before sailing. We had to go through extra security. (A pat down and they looked in our bags.) But it wasn't terrible and the security people were nice.

The manifest has to be submitted 60 minutes before the cruise. You can book morning of by calling Carnival. You cannot book online that late

This. It's been done by several members of this board. EM

We are going to Curacao on a cruise in October, are there any excursions that take you to Venezuela? I see it is about 70 miles, and we will be there a long time.

You can't just "pop in" to Venezuela, it requires a travel visa...it's on the naughty list :p