????

Lee2385

We will be in Costa Maya from 7-2. Is it worth the $49pp to do Maya Chan or should we just do the pool at the port area??? I've never been so any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When are you going? We've booked Maya Chan for our cruise in Oct. It was $59 per person for 6 of us. That appears to have been the price for awhile now. Never been before so we hope it's as nice as it looks.

I'm sorry, you are right ~ $59. $49 is for my 12 year old. Oops! We will be there June 23. It def has great reviews on tripadvisor and only looks to be about a 10 min can ride. As long as we get up early it sounds like it'll be worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

IMO, if you do the pool at port, you're better staying on ship and doing the pool there. It's quite possible you could spend $49 pp at the port on mediocre food and drink.

Get out. See something. Maya Chan is worth it. As is Almaplena. And if it's the money just head to the malecon and go to Blue Kay or Tropicante, or YaYa s or Pez Quadro. All have "free" loungers if you buy something to eat or drink or charge you for the lounger and then include a free drink. Nothing close to $49-$59 pp total spend including taxi/tram fare.

We were in Costa Maya in Feb 2016 and we went to Nohoch Kay. $50 p/p for adults. All food and drinks include. Staff is amazing. You also get a lounge chair and a palapa. Not sure on the price for kids. It was a $2 p/p cab ride. When you are ready to go back to the ship some one will call a cab for you. I would not hang around that big pool area. We have been there 3 times and will definitely go back some day.

We went to Maya Chan last year and had a wonderful time! I just posted all about it in the Maya Chan thread someone just started. They picked us up and called a cab for our return. I don't think we paid anything extra (except maybe a tip) to get back. We also tipped at the end for the outstanding service and food and totally experience we had at this resort!

See my response in the other thread for more information. :)