Which Grand Balcony Suite cabins on Allure

Can anyone suggest a choice of cabins. There are only 5 cabins left on the Allure of the Seas for an Eastern Caribbean cruise.

7660 , 7654, 6660, 6654 and 6260. Which and why? I was thinking of 7660 but its next to the elevator according to the diagram or 7654 but it is a connecting room. Any suggestions?

thank you so much

meidda

IMO - and having stayed in that location GS but on a different deck - 7660 being near the elevator banks is a plus due to the convenience. And don't worry, there will not be any noise as you are in a hallway. I would also prefer that over the connecting room. However deck 6 is nice for its proximity to the Boardwalk and deck 7 in the rear stairway / elevator lobby does not connect across to the other side of the ship if that would matter to you. So 6660 on that deck.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

But what about the collection of people and the opening of the doors constantly and the dinging of the elevator bell all hours? under normal circumstances are adjoining room noises very audible through the door?

Meidda

Can anyone suggest a choice of cabins. There are only 5 cabins left on the Allure of the Seas for an Eastern Caribbean cruise.

7660 , 7654, 6660, 6654 and 6260. Which and why? I was thinking of 7660 but its next to the elevator according to the diagram or 7654 but it is a connecting room. Any suggestions?

thank you so much

meidda

Don't worry about the elevators in the GSs. Noise shouldn't be an issue.

But what about the collection of people and the opening of the doors constantly and the dinging of the elevator bell all hours? under normal circumstances are adjoining room noises very audible through the door?

Meidda

Have had many staterooms located near the elevator banks and have never heard any noise associated with them or the stairwells. The rooms are in a hallway behind the lobbies and are well insulated against any noise of that type.

Connecting rooms are also pretty well insulated at the doorway but any room will conduct sound if the people next door are too loud. We've also had connecting rooms and only one time had any noise from the room next door - just a loud family. The other issue IMO is a love seat v a sofa due to the space needed for the door.

It's hard to tell by looking at the deck plans, but being close to the elevators/stairs is a very good thing.

Pretty clear - all GS's on Oasis class ships are located adjacent to the aft elevator banks/stairwells on decks 6 - 14, 30 in total.

I'll take 7660.

I was in 12660 (same exact location, but on deck 12) and did NOT hear any noise whatsoever. There is quite a bit of space between the cabin and the elevators. You have the hallway and then the staircase and even some more miscellaneous space mixed in there as well. Noise will not be an issue.