Disembarkation tour in Rio de janeiro

AndySandy

Hello-has anyone done the disembarkation Christ redeemer airport transfer in Rio de janeiro & remember what time they arrived at the airport.Our flight leaves 6.40 pm.But princess suggest only taking part for flights departing after 9pm.Has anyone taken independent tour in Rio similar to SPB tours in northern europe.

The 5hr Sugarloaf disembarkation tour with give us plenty of time for the airport etc but it's a shame to miss out on christ redeemer.Any help would be kindly appreciated-thanks

The lines for Sugar loaf and the Redeemer are always long and this would be why the recommendation of the flight times.

We waited about 2 hours at Sugar loaf when we were there. We were very very lucky with the Redeemer as a member of the staff there, took us straight through all the lines to the top and back down in a 1 hour total trip but this is not the normal. (There were four of us, not a huge tour group).

This travel up is stand in line to bus, bus to lift, another lift, top, see Redeemer you can walk up and not use the lifts if you are fit enough and reverse coming back down. So the first line is just to get on the bus to the lifts, tour buses do not have access.

Expect to spend your day waiting in lines to access either of the places the Redeemer is longer wait times than sugar loaf. Both were in my opinion worth the wait but if I could only do one I would pick the Redeemer.

Thanks Te Aroha-sounds kiwi,we're in Blenheim for the winter pruning.

Are looking at some private tour agent through Viator & see what they say,but I agree if we have a choice of only one do christ redeemer.

We're doing 17 day on diamond princess in September & should no shortly if we can afford 31 day from los Angeles to Rio on crown princess.Thanks again

Hello-has anyone done the disembarkation Christ redeemer airport transfer in Rio de janeiro & remember what time they arrived at the airport.Our flight leaves 6.40 pm.But princess suggest only taking part for flights departing after 9pm.Has anyone taken independent tour in Rio similar to SPB tours in northern europe.

The 5hr Sugarloaf disembarkation tour with give us plenty of time for the airport etc but it's a shame to miss out on christ redeemer.Any help would be kindly appreciated-thanks

No direct experience with this port, but usually tours end in time to get you to the airport two to three hours before the suggested flight departure time.

So if they say after 9 PM, I would expect to arrive at the airport between 6 an 7 PM.

For your 6:40 PM flight, you will need to be at the airport two or three hours before that (check with your airline), so the longer tour would not get you there in time.

Hi Andy,if you go to search link at top of page and type in "debark from hell" you will find my thread on this subject.They are building a new cruise terminal so may be finished when you go,cheers,Brian.