Why no Diamond Event on Empress?

You made this an issue by pulling the information from another thread. I have been on the Empress. I've also been on inaugural sailings. It takes time to get the kinks out. Not all ships have the same services or operate the same way across the fleet. I know that from experience too. And most people who are at least Diamond or above would be seasoned enough to know this sort of thing occur and wouldn't be mad about it. I for one that fall into that category don't think it's a big deal.

I don't share your opinion.

I'm asking if Royal plans to

A. Work out the kinks and honor what is on the website

or

B. Is going to run Empress differently but not notify guests

I even said I was guardedly optimistic that they are just working out kinks, but others that were onboard said they are going to run it differently. Why on Earth should I accept less than what Royal advertises? I'm not asking for more than advertised or special consideration, I just don't want to get on a ship and be surprised.

If Royal is going to treat Empress as a "lesser than" ship in terms of services promised maybe I won't bother at all. I'd prefer to go on Royal versus fathom to Cuba, but I'd like to be dealt with fairly first off.

Hopefully it all gets ironed out. The Brunch was a nice idea.

What was the brunch like/supposed to be like, overlooking the slow services on your cruise. Do you know if it is run like Carnival Seaday Brunch?

You made this an issue by pulling the information from another thread. I have been on the Empress. I've also been on inaugural sailings. It takes time to get the kinks out. Not all ships have the same services or operate the same way across the fleet. I know that from experience too. And most people who are at least Diamond or above would be seasoned enough to know this sort of thing occur and wouldn't be mad about it. I for one that fall into that category don't think it's a big deal.

Were you on the Empress with us last week? None of us booked an inaugural sailing. The sailing we booked should have been two months in - plenty of time to "get the kinks" out. When they cancelled the sailings before us, no one booked on the May 28th cruise could cancel without penalty.

We are seasoned cruisers and would never intentionally book an inaugural cruise (just our personal preference). Speaking for myself, we are just discussing "hiccups" here. Many people that sailed had much bigger problems.

I think they are unwilling to provide dedicated personnel to staff it and can't/won't provide snacks. There was no food provided at the Top Tier Event. My SO asked for peanuts or crackers at several bars. He was told "No" and, once, "Maybe later." Our table mates were very outspoken about their unhappiness with a lot of the food issues and, surprisingly, on the last day somebody went into the back room and produced a container of trail mix for them. I don't think they can handle the fews extras that a Diamond event would require.

The majority of Top Tier events I have attended have not had food provided, even on bigger ships. Also nuts on most cruise lines at bars have been diminishing over the last few years, predominantly due to the large amount of people with nut allergies these days. (From what I have read from other threads that have discussed this) I do not recall ever see crackers at a bar.

What was the brunch like/supposed to be like, overlooking the slow services on your cruise. Do you know if it is run like Carnival Seaday Brunch?

I have never sailed on Carnival so I can't speak to that. The first Brunch was set up to order everything off of a limited menu which did not work out. There seemed to be an issue providing omelets. The second Brunch was set up like a buffet with items like eggs Benedict, steak and eggs, or eggs over easy available from the kitchen. They had the Tutti salad bar set up but can't remember if there were other lunch-like items available from the kitchen. There was beef stroganoff on the buffet.

My SO asked for peanuts or crackers at several bars. He was told "No" and, once, "Maybe later." Our table mates were very outspoken about their unhappiness with a lot of the food issues and, surprisingly, on the last day somebody went into the back room and produced a container of trail mix for them.

The majority of Top Tier events I have attended have not had food provided, even on bigger ships. Also nuts on most cruise lines at bars have been diminishing over the last few years, predominantly due to the large amount of people with nut allergies these days. (From what I have read from other threads that have discussed this) I do not recall ever see crackers at a bar.

We were offered the nutty trailmix every night at the Schooner Bar.

Thank you for clarifying. That's the one bar I normally don't end up in :D

Funny, we don't either but the Schooner was the first bar we came across at HH time on Day 1! We saw people lined up for cocktails and thought we'd better get one before there were even more people. The bartenders were great so we just made a habit of going each night. We ended up meeting some really nice folks too.

I have never sailed on Carnival so I can't speak to that. The first Brunch was set up to order everything off of a limited menu which did not work out. There seemed to be an issue providing omelets. The second Brunch was set up like a buffet with items like eggs Benedict, steak and eggs, or eggs over easy available from the kitchen. They had the Tutti salad bar set up but can't remember if there were other lunch-like items available from the kitchen. There was beef stroganoff on the buffet.

If they work out the kinks that sounds pretty good. Carnival's Seaday Brunch is a big highlight to me, so if Royal's is close that would be very nice.

Until Royal starts delivering what is advertised I remain leery. I know the ship will go to Cuba, and I'd like to go to Cuba, but it would be difficult for me personally to accept Royal not delivering what they promise. Just would take the sheen off for me.

• 2 months later...
If they work out the kinks that sounds pretty good. Carnival's Seaday Brunch is a big highlight to me, so if Royal's is close that would be very nice.

Until Royal starts delivering what is advertised I remain leery. I know the ship will go to Cuba, and I'd like to go to Cuba, but it would be difficult for me personally to accept Royal not delivering what they promise. Just would take the sheen off for me.

Is the brunch everyday, as advertised?

Is the brunch everyday, as advertised?

We just returned from a five night Western Caribbean on the Empress ( 9/3-9/8). Brunch was served in the main dining room on both sea days. Other days MDR was used for the normal sit down Breakfast. Diamond on deck five, pinnacle and D plus in chops.

There were two C & A events. Diamond and above day one on the aft open deck behind Bolores on deck six. Passed cocktails and wine with appetizer. All levels in the theater on the first sea day with an officer receiving line. We didn't attend so I don't know what was served. The events were short, forty five minutes for the Diamond and a half hour for general C&A event.

We both felt that this cruise really offered a lot of value for the dollars spent. If you go with an open mind as to what a ship this size has to offer I think you will enjoy your cruise. :)