Any experience with Verizon TravelPass?

For $10 a day, you can use your phone while in port. However, while the ship is docked in a European port, would I be charged cruise ship rates or international rates?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

For $10 a day, you can use your phone while in port. However, while the ship is docked in a European port, would I be charged cruise ship rates or international rates?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

We just used a Travel Pass in Cozumel which is a $2 country. In reading the Verizon site before we left, it said you needed to sign up in advance, we did not. We had decided we were going pay as you go since we had no big need to contact home. Each day I turned on my phone in port, I got a text saying I could activate the travel pass for that country just by replying yes to the text. We didn't do it for Jamaica or Haiti, but we did in Cozumel. After we replied yes to the text, we got a few more texts detailing the plan and saying the 24 hours for the pass started as soon as we used talk, text or data. We used it with no issues and got a text overnight saying that our pass was almost up. Just got our bill for the trip and were charged $2.05, which was the travel pass and one text received. I think the text was the one saying it was almost up, which we received after leaving Mexico, so we were charged $0.05. I am not going to fight 5 cents, though I think it should have been a free text.

While the ship is docked, the cell tower should be off, so you will be charged international rates for the country you are in. You might want to look into a global plan vs travel passes depending on your usage and how many countries you will be visiting. The interactive trip planner that is on the Verizon Wireless site will detail it all for you.

Going pay as you go and then the travel pass for one country worked well for us. Just price the combo that meets your needs.

Travel pass is the way to go... It's $2 or $10 depending on the country and its unlimited usage according to your plan in the states.. So if u have unlimited talk and text in the states u get unlimited talk/text. If u have 5gb of data you just use data towards your plan in the states. You can call anyone in that country and back to the states