Dining question

abby1257

OK...NEED HELP....IF I WANT TO BE ABLE TO EAT in ANY RESTAURANT ON THE ESCAPE (and not be billed for it, ie, margarittaville)....is there an upfront pkg one can buy....I hate the thought of getting on a ship...and not being able to eat when, and where I want and getting a huge bill when I get off...am I making sense?

It would be a really good idea before you cruise for you to spend a little bit of time getting to know about your ship. Here is a link to the NCL Escape page, where you can see what restaurants are included, and which cost extra (specialty restaurants). There are no secrets, but it's going to be up to you to do a little bit of research. Cruise critic is good for clearing up questions, but spending time right at the source is going to give you invaluable information.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape#whats-on-board

Edited by LrgPizza

There are meal packages that range from 3 to 14 days and you can eat in the specialty restaurants "Specialty Dining Packages include our steakhouses, churrascarias, French, Japanese and Italian restaurants. You may choose to dine in entertainment-based and à la carte priced restaurants for an additional charge. Dining options vary by ship."

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/dining-packages

Edited by Sauer-kraut

OP there is not a package that includes eating anywhere on the ship for free. Some older packages do include Margartitaville but none include Bayamo, Food republic, Gelato (plenty of free ice cream but the gelato stand) Haven (unless your in Haven)

There plenty of free food included but NCL has many specialty restaurants. I know for our family we cruise mostly RCL and NCL. NCL is more a la carte lower price to book but you spend more on ship. The newer Royal ships are defiantly copying NCL in dinning. We saw more specialty dinning on Quantum then any royal ship before.

Here is the thing you can have wonderful meals all week without spending a penny. Or you can dine in every specialty restaurant on ship and spend quite a bit. I find a combo of both works best.