Necpresso coffee machine

bonniboo1

Absolutely and they've cut there coffee cost in half.

I have to disagree with your comment, its not about the just expresso it's about the frothing and the coffee brand. I guess you need to be a coffee snob to understand.:)

No, I do understand - I'm a heavy coffee drinker and have my likes and dislikes too. I much prefer the Lavazza and am already disappointed that I'll only have the Nespresso on my upcoming Escape cruise.

Have been following this thread because I am a very early morning person, just like the 4 am guy, and like my tea, Irish Breakfast. I can bring my own tea bags, but will I be able to get hot water out of the Nespresso? Someone on an earlier thread said that the model is a Citiz but I haven't been able to find out if it will give me that much looked for really hot water. Anyone know? We will be in a deluxe owners suite on the Gem.

Have been following this thread because I am a very early morning person, just like the 4 am guy, and like my tea, Irish Breakfast. I can bring my own tea bags, but will I be able to get hot water out of the Nespresso? Someone on an earlier thread said that the model is a Citiz but I haven't been able to find out if it will give me that much looked for really hot water. Anyone know? We will be in a deluxe owners suite on the Gem.

Yes - hot water is available from the machine and they provide a good selection of teas.

Yes.

You just run the machine without a coffee pod in it. (Bulters will tell you to run one cup first to rinse out the machine). Your butler will refill the machine twice a day for you.

The Havens with the Nespresso machines also have a good selection of Tea Forte teas. (The Escape sells the same tea for $2 per bag in the bakery).

Nespresso.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

It must have been complicated for my butler on the Epic; he had no idea how to use it, fill it, or empty the pods.

IMO, most issues could have been avoided with a simple, laminated instruction card. I never understood why this was never accomplished.

I'd say they're not taking away a perk - they're still providing suites with an espresso machine, but have simply exercised their option to select which machine they use. It's purely a business decision and I'm sure they're getting a good discount from Nestle on the machines.

I will also say that, as others have mentioned, the Lavazza machines are quite complicated, and you can easily get it stuck in the wrong mode. Thus they probably take up more of the butler's time...again, a business decision.

Edited by asubaru