Tell me about Labadee

Krazyhardrocker

After you go to the link that MerionMom provided.....look for BUGSYCRUISER'S review for Labadee. It is extremely detailed, well written with tons of advice and pictures. Worth every second of reading.....especially if you have never been there before.:):):)

You won't find info in guidebooks on ANY of the cruise line's private island/beaches...you need to consider them as part of the ship!

Yes...food is brought to the beach..and it's included in your day. If you have a drink package, you can utilize it on the beach...otherwise, anything you purchase (drinks, or excursions, etc...) are billed to your cabin, just like on the ship.

It is a "beach day", pure and simple. Very lovely place. Lots of fun! You may come and go as much or whenever you want!

In summary Labadee is a beach port. There is an area in Labadee with flea market type vendors if you wish to browse for souvenirs or local artisan items.

RC does provide a free limited lunch (salad, hamburgers, hotdogs, ribs, chicken etc) via a buffet.

You are able to use your room key to purchase beverages, the beverage package does work in Labadee except of course for drinks in a souvenir glass.

You can use your room key for excursions or equipment rental in Labadee.

Just bring some cash for souvenirs or tipping if you deemed it necessary.

Just a quick note on my one and only visit. Although your drink package or per drink charge applies it took almost 2 hours after arriving (we were some of the first off the ship) for the bars to be set up. I would take my first bottle of water with me when I get off next time. Also the selection of drinks is very limited in my opinion, they will run out of certain beers brands as the day goes on. Also if you want the special doodle drink get it early because to me they were out of those shortly after lunch. Again JMHO based of one time there this past February :o