On Board Summit - Some Observations

Wine-O

Hi Don - Great cruise. Nice to meet with you and Brian again.

No traffic problems for us. In the car by 8:15am. The best disembarkation we've ever had. We headed North over the GW Bridge to Hyannis, caught the 2:45pm ferry to Nantucket. Extending the vacation by another week.

Hope to catch up with you on another cruise.

Sorry we didn't see many at Sail Away, but the weather was not very good.

Good for you, I thought you were heading south and heard the accident on the Turnpike on NJ radio. Enjoy your extra week. Nice to see you and Maureen again and your sisters are really funny.

For those just off Summit can you share the evening show times? Are there always two shows?

Thanks

There were always two times, 7 and 9 everynight except for the second night when both shows were 15 minutes early due to the Captain making some welcome remarks. All the shows were excellent.

Just a minor correction, not all Concierge Class passengers were invited to watch sailaway - we're in a C1 and did not receive an invitation. However, we love our covered balcony at the aft. We really like the Summit.

Donna

I wanted to amend my statement. While we were not invited to helipad for the sailaway from Bayonne, we did get an invite and a telephone call for the sailaway from Bermuda. I loved being on the helipad as we sailed away. The only problem was that sailaway was at 4:30 and the first seating at dinner was 5:30 (and it was Evening Chic) so we had to leave earlier than I would have liked to get to dinner.

Hi Donna....we're on the Summit in Oct. and have an aft cabin as well...guess we're also C1...could you see the statue from your balcony?

yes, but the weather was bad the day we sailed away. It got foggy from the rain and you could barely see the Manhattan skyline. Got a nice view when we returned to Bayonne.

Hopefully, you'll have better weather for sailaway than we did - we didn't get to sail around the Statue of Liberty because Captain Kate was worried about the weather between Bayonne and Bermuda. I loved Captain Kate. She was everywhere on the ship.

Unlike others, I don't care one bit who is the Captain.

OTOH, the bartenders are another story. We will be sailing on the Summit June 26, so, if you could, let me know if they will still be there. We have an aft cabin, so, expect to spend quite some time at their bar.

Also, appreciate your reporting, as it helps in our planning.

FYI - they renamed Sunset Bar to Oceanview Bar.

We will be sailing on the Summit in 6 weeks from Sunday. We were lucky to get Sky Suite 6146. We had booked it on two previous Summit cruises, but were able to upgrade to a Celebrity suite for not too much more at the last minute. This time we will stick to the cabin.