Alaska from Seattle

tnunes

Hey Everyone, I am not sure I am posting this in the right spot and I am sure this question has been answered before. We are flying into Seattle late the night before we leave for our Cruise, what are good hotels to stay at? Also our flight out the day the cruise comes back doesnt leave until 10 at night, what can we do with our luggage?

Thanks!

It depends on how much you want to pay/how much you want to walk. The Edgewater is level ground walking distance to the ship, less than a block away. If you don't arrive till late the night prior I would just take a taxi to hotel. Traffic should not be bad late night. You could call the Edgewater and ask if they can store your bags after cruise. Then spend some time doing touristy things without bags after cruise, then pick up bags and taxi to airport. Or just go to Edgewater after the cruise for their brunch.

The Fairmont has a car service that will take you to ship. No cost, just tip and book in advance. They are a long walk up or down the hill to get to and from but if they will store bags post cruise it would only be a few $ taxi fare. They are more in the thick of it regarding touristy things like shopping where as Edgewater is on the water.

My guess is that either hotel would store bags for a few hours post cruise if you tipped the bell service well.

You can look at the port of call board on cc for suggestions. I think I remember people reporting ability to book post cruise tour where they hold bags and drop off at airport.

Depending on weekend of your cruise, hotels can book up so earlier the better.

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Seatac Airport twice - free shuttle from the airport, breakfast is included, and a shuttle to the port for $12 or $14. We took a really good NCL tour that took us all over Seattle, the Space Needle, and lots of other places and dropped us off at the airport in late afternoon. It was a good tour. :)

It depends on how much you want to pay/how much you want to walk. The Edgewater is level ground walking distance to the ship, less than a block away. If you don't arrive till late the night prior I would just take a taxi to hotel. Traffic should not be bad late night. You could call the Edgewater and ask if they can store your bags after cruise. Then spend some time doing touristy things without bags after cruise, then pick up bags and taxi to airport. Or just go to Edgewater after the cruise for their brunch.

The Fairmont has a car service that will take you to ship. No cost, just tip and book in advance. They are a long walk up or down the hill to get to and from but if they will store bags post cruise it would only be a few $ taxi fare. They are more in the thick of it regarding touristy things like shopping where as Edgewater is on the water.

My guess is that either hotel would store bags for a few hours post cruise if you tipped the bell service well.

You can look at the port of call board on cc for suggestions. I think I remember people reporting ability to book post cruise tour where they hold bags and drop off at airport.

Depending on weekend of your cruise, hotels can book up so earlier the better.

In addition to the Edgewater (which is literally right off the bow of the ship when it's docked), I would also recommend the Seattle Marriott Waterfront. This hotel is just a block or two from the pier, easily walkable.

Also there is (or was) baggage storage available at the pier for pre- or post-cruise. See: http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Explore-Terminals/Bell-Street-at-Pier-66/Pages/default.aspx

I would also recommend the Waterfront Marriott. Great hotel almost right across from Pier 66. Ivan's is just down the waterfront for dinner - known for the chowder and fish & chips (I had the latter and it was delish). There's a Starbuck's attached to the front of the hotel and I'm sure they have a restaurant that has a real breakfast (not included though). If you're up really early and have a water view, you could watch your ship sail in and dock.

Since you have a late flight, it would be really good to take the NCL excursion for a tour of Seattle. The luggage will stay on the bus with you. If you had more time in town, I'd recommend renting car, doing a DUCK tour, going up to the locks, etc. You would be close enough from the Marriott to check out Pike Place on your own.

Hey Everyone, I am not sure I am posting this in the right spot and I am sure this question has been answered before. We are flying into Seattle late the night before we leave for our Cruise, what are good hotels to stay at? Also our flight out the day the cruise comes back doesnt leave until 10 at night, what can we do with our luggage?

Thanks!

I prefer staying out at the airport at the Best Western Seattle Airport Hotel. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2355797&page=1 There are pictures of the hotel and the rooms on page 1.

Post Cruise: As mentioned above store your bags at the Pier 66 cruise concierges and then explore Seattle. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2355797&page=4 This is what we did post cruise earlier this year.

All of the major hotel chain properties in downtown Seattle are very expensive plus large taxes attached to them. Airport hotels are a little cheaper but still with very steep taxes.

The Edgewater will run between $350 and $550 a night- small and historic (build for the Seattle Worlds Fair in 1962 but ddid not open in time).