Beautiful Day in Würzbrg

rcaruso

We just flew in today, and took the train to Würzburg. We saw the Gate 1 Sound of Music navigate a lock, and the Viking Aegir and Magni were in port. It is &0 degrees and sunny. The Main River appears full, but no flooding. Hopefully weather stays good, just wanted to report on the Main.

Wurzbürg is one of our favorites! I think it's very underappreciated.

Have a great day (or however long you're staying) there. If you have time to see the Residenz, it's worth the visit. And make sure you go hang out at the Alte Mainbrücke tonight. The rest of the town will be there, and you can grab a glass of wine from the walk-up bar at the end of the bridge. It's a lot of fun!

For dinner - if you want something higher end try to get a table at Juliusspital. Or for more casual fare, the Alter Kranen serves tasty fare and they have outdoor seating. Lots of other choices too. Franconia is wonderful for us because they have great wine as well as beer, so we're both happy there. :)

<Wurzbürg is one of our favorites! I think it's very underappreciated.>

The quoting feature is not working for me this morning, but I fully agree! We found the city to be lovely and very much enjoyed two days there. It is just the right size for a short stay.

The quoting feature is not working for me this morning, but I fully agree! We found the city to be lovely and very much enjoyed two days there. It is just the right size for a short stay.

That's OK, I turned on the "quote-protect" function! ;)

Poor Würzburg...Not only is it underappreciated, but to add insult to injury, I misspelled it! Sorry I did that... :o I blame the auto-correct! :D

My Mom was a military brat and went to high school in Wurzburg. They closed the American high school in 2008.

I would like to go see the city my Mom loved as a teenager.

Edited by Coral