I should have listened to my gut- now I am hosed

This is funny because I can't even think the word in my head. Even in my head I can only think " the C word". No wonder nobody takes me seriously if I can't even swear in my own head.

too funny. :D

hope you next shot at a cruise goes better than this one. :)

I see this was asked on Facebook yesterday.

Amazingly, Carnival WILL charge a penalty on the cancelled cruise AND charge the lone cruiser a single supplement, essentially taking up to three fares for one cruiser in a room.

So lesson to spread. DO NOT CANCEL A BACKING OUT CRUISER. ALWAYS TREAT IT AS A NO SHOW.

Amazingly, Carnival WILL charge a penalty on the cancelled cruise AND charge the lone cruiser a single supplement, essentially taking up to three fares for one cruiser in a room.

So lesson to spread. DO NOT CANCEL A BACKING OUT CRUISER. ALWAYS TREAT IT AS A NO SHOW.

So true, but I bet within a week another question about this type of thing will come up again:D:D

You are lucky! I had a friend cancel a week before our cruise because her DH had a heart attack. She got the taxes back. I was charged the single supplement. Thankfully, we both had the Carnival insurance. She was covered because her cancellation was for a covered reason and she got all her money back from the insurance company. I was reimbursed by the insurance company for the single supplement I had to pay. We filed our claims before I sailed and had the money back a few days after I got home from the cruise.

I'm surprised you got the supplement from the insurance.

Shhhh! This is the dirty little secret while Carnival is busy watching the water bottles.

A single intending on sailing alone should book two, with the second passenger buying "CANCEL FOR ANY REASON" insurance.

Let them be a no show and cash in the insurance. Voila, single supplement knocked down to the cost of the insurance. DO NOT BUY CARNIVAL INSURANCE FOR ANY REASON.

This is funny because I can't even think the word in my head. Even in my head I can only think " the C word". No wonder nobody takes me seriously if I can't even swear in my own head.

That is the correct answer for 50 points ....Do you want to go on to the Bonus Round ?

Shhhh! This is the dirty little secret while Carnival is busy watching the water bottles.

A single intending on sailing alone should book two, with the second passenger buying "CANCEL FOR ANY REASON" insurance.

Let them be a no show and cash in the insurance. Voila, single supplement knocked down to the cost of the insurance. DO NOT BUY CARNIVAL INSURANCE FOR ANY REASON.

Try it yourself and let us know.

I believe there is a term for that - insurance fraud. To use the cancel for any reason insurance they need to cancel before the cruise departs so they cannot be a no show.

Wow! I don't believe I'm really reading something like this.

most cancel any reason insurance policies do not cover 100 percent of the cruise, usually 50 to 75 percent. also, you are cheating the insurance company, not carnival, if you do this and it is considered fraud. :rolleyes:

Edited by Computer Nerd

Omnipresent FB poster:

Dxx Kxxxxxxxx That's why my PVP said for my cabin mate to just be a no-show. I didn't pay anymore and he got a refund via insurance.

They need to physically CANCEL in order to receive a refund. That's why it's called "Cancel for any reason insurance" not "No show for any reason" insurance.