Infinity Questions

PromoLaine

Hello All! Getting ready for Alaska departing out of Vancouver this coming Sunday and have a few questions.

Does Celebrity offer a prepaid photo package? We've sailed on Royal Caribbean numerous times and sometimes they offered a photo package that you could purchase at the beginning of your cruise.

Is there a charge for room service on Infinity - or do you just tip the steward who comes to your cabin?

We are in Concierge Class this cruise - what are all of the amenities that are offered for this?

Does our cabin on Deck 8 have a refrigerator in it? Need to refrigerate some insulin pens while on vacation.

Also - any excursion recommendations that are a must do? Have not scheduled anything yet - was wondering if services were available when we get off at each Port.

Many thanks my friends!

*Just returned on July 3rd from our Alaskan Cruise.

As far as photo packages don't rush to book it. We almost got ripped off. We were 4 cabins and had a $400 onboard credit from our travel agent and I made the mistake in blurting that out. It was the manager I was speaking with and she said it had to be per cabin and it would cost me $700 for everyone to get every print. I asked her for other options she said there really wasn't any so I passed on it. Good thing I did because I found out there are other packages for less $ that include a CD of all the photos so don't rush to book anything. They even offer "mid week" sales.

*No charge for room service just a tip.

*As far as excursions if you have nothing booked there are excursion booths at each pier. I know they push "going with the cruise line" but you have more than enough time to book something on your own. there are many options when you get off the ship so no worries there.

*We did book the Bering Sea Fisherman tour with Celebrity in Ketchikan NOT TO BE MISSED! It was fantastic. You can look it up on tripadvisor too. GREAT tour! Don't need to be into fishing to take this. The crew is very entertaining and you will see a ton of things on this tour it's 3 hours.

*In Juneau we booked a private whale watching tour with Harv & Marv. We were 8 people with the boat to ourselves and price wise it worked out to be the same amount or a little cheaper than booking a tour with the boat and we didn't have to fight for a railing. They also offer shared tours too. They have a website.

*In Icy booked zip line on land not through cruise. They offer a combo tour of the city and zip line and a few other tours plus people we spoke with did whale watching in Icy and said it was great. My dad is 73 and did it. Hardest part was walking down the 5 minute trail to the zip line. Not for people with bad knees but the zip line they said was great! Not scary at all.

Skagway- White Pass train

Ketchikan - sea plane tour

Juneau - Mendenhall glacier run

Tracy Arm - a very very very short swim with the ice.

I don't think the Infinity stops at Skagway or Tracy Arm.

*Just returned on July 3rd from our Alaskan Cruise.

As far as photo packages don't rush to book it. We almost got ripped off. We were 4 cabins and had a $400 onboard credit from our travel agent and I made the mistake in blurting that out. It was the manager I was speaking with and she said it had to be per cabin and it would cost me $700 for everyone to get every print. I asked her for other options she said there really wasn't any so I passed on it. Good thing I did because I found out there are other packages for less $ that include a CD of all the photos so don't rush to book anything. They even offer "mid week" sales.

*No charge for room service just a tip.

*As far as excursions if you have nothing booked there are excursion booths at each pier. I know they push "going with the cruise line" but you have more than enough time to book something on your own. there are many options when you get off the ship so no worries there.

*We did book the Bering Sea Fisherman tour with Celebrity in Ketchikan NOT TO BE MISSED! It was fantastic. You can look it up on tripadvisor too. GREAT tour! Don't need to be into fishing to take this. The crew is very entertaining and you will see a ton of things on this tour it's 3 hours.

*In Juneau we booked a private whale watching tour with Harv & Marv. We were 8 people with the boat to ourselves and price wise it worked out to be the same amount or a little cheaper than booking a tour with the boat and we didn't have to fight for a railing. They also offer shared tours too. They have a website.

*In Icy booked zip line on land not through cruise. They offer a combo tour of the city and zip line and a few other tours plus people we spoke with did whale watching in Icy and said it was great. My dad is 73 and did it. Hardest part was walking down the 5 minute trail to the zip line. Not for people with bad knees but the zip line they said was great! Not scary at all.

Would love to hear more about your trip, specifically weather and what you packed :) we leave 7/16 and I keep changing my mind about attire!!

Would love to hear more about your trip, specifically weather and what you packed :) we leave 7/16 and I keep changing my mind about attire!!

Hi Heather! I would love to tell you more. I am still trying to figure out cruise critic. I'm trying to see where I can post my review of the Infinity before I forget LOL I need to look around and see how to go about this. I have no problem giving you my email address so you can contact me with your questions. Am I allowed to post it here or is there a way to private message on cruise critic? I looked when I was going to see if I could contact people and could not find a way to send a private message. Let me know if you're good at this LOL

Hi Heather! I would love to tell you more. I am still trying to figure out cruise critic. I'm trying to see where I can post my review of the Infinity before I forget LOL I need to look around and see how to go about this. I have no problem giving you my email address so you can contact me with your questions. Am I allowed to post it here or is there a way to private message on cruise critic? I looked when I was going to see if I could contact people and could not find a way to send a private message. Let me know if you're good at this LOL

I tried looking for a private message feature too and I do not think they have one. Hopefully email is ok, mine is jesseheather at gmail dot com would love to chat with you!!

We are in a suite. The statement has been that Luminae is closed on port days for lunch. Does anyone know if that means when we are in port at lunch or all port days?

Any ideas if the speciality restaurants are open for lunch at all?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are in a suite. The statement has been that Luminae is closed on port days for lunch. Does anyone know if that means when we are in port at lunch or all port days?

I don't think any specialty restaurant except the lawn club grill (only on Solstice class ships) are open. I know that they made many changes to the infinity but I'm unsure if they added that restaurant.

I don't think any specialty restaurant except the lawn club grill (only on Solstice class ships) are open. I know that they made many changes to the infinity but I'm unsure if they added that restaurant.

Cruised on Infinity two months ago, no Lawn Club Grill. The only specialty restaurants on Infinity are Tuscan Grill, Qsine, and Bistro on Five (not a sushi restaurant yet).

Edited by El Crucero

Luminae will only be closed for Lunch on port days. Dinner service and breakfast are both served. I believe that Breakfast may have an earlier start and finish time than normal but that would depend on port arrival time.

Jim

I was wondering..... I think I've read that if you aren't in a suite, you can still dine at Luminae for a surcharge of $30 pp. is this right?

No, that is not correct.

If you are not in a Suite, a guest who is in a suite may host you there, and the charge goes on their SeaPass account. I believe it is $50 pp now for dinner.

Otherwise, if you are not in a Suite, you may not dine in Luminae.

• 4 weeks later...

Sailing in two weeks and it looks like my husband will not be going with me due to health reasons. Booked Aqua class. Does anyone know if they ever seat with others in Blu? I don't mind cruising alone except for the dinners by myself.

Sailing in two weeks and it looks like my husband will not be going with me due to health reasons. Booked Aqua class. Does anyone know if they ever seat with others in Blu? I don't mind cruising alone except for the dinners by myself.

Speak to the Blu dining room manager....I'm sure you won't have to sit by yourself.

Does the Infinity have an electric socket in the bathroom? I know the S class ships don't but would like to know about the M class, specifically the Infinity. Thanks.

Nope! Just at the desk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Nope! Just at the desk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I increased the number of available outlets at the desk by using a European adaptor in the one European outlet. I hadn't thought of this before, but since we had started in Venice, it was right in my carry-on. Helped immensely with charging electronics.

Sorry but I have another question for anyone who has cruised the Inside Passage on Infinity. We will be cruising September 4-11.

On the return trip through the Inside Passage will it still be light out or will the return trip be in the dark? ( which would be a bummer). I can't find the actual time we will be cruising through it.

We cruised mid July (when sun is higher and days are longer) and made it to Campbell River with good visibility. I've cruised it later but daylight hours will be less so plan accordingly. Be outdoors or near a window for as long as you have visibility.........and hopefully not rain!

We cruised mid July (when sun is higher and days are longer) and made it to Campbell River with good visibility. I've cruised it later but daylight hours will be less so plan accordingly. Be outdoors or near a window for as long as you have visibility.........and hopefully not rain!

Thanks. It would be so nice not to have rain! We will have to wait and see:)