Bermuda weather early October?

omajo

Sailed the Dawn out of Boston on Oct. 23, 2015 (last sailing of the season) and the weather was FANTASTIC. It was plenty warm and the humidity was reduced. If I had to choose a date to sail to Bermuda again, it would be this time of year. We had been twice previously (once the first week of July and once the last week of Sept.) and the Oct. sailing was the best for weather.

Edited by jakesnana

We sailed out of NY at the end of Oct. 2012. Weather in Bermuda was nice. High 70's, but when the sun was shining the beach was wonderful! As far as the sea's....smooth sailing all the way down. Surprisingly had smooth sailing on the return trip the day before Sandy hit!!! Lot's of fog, but no rough seas, so you can never predict!

(we have sailed to Bermuda in May/June/Oct, very lucky to never experience rough seas on any voyage there or back!)

We did it in early October from Boston. The weather was great but the seas were a bit rough coming and going:-( It didn't bother me but it did my travelling companions. We were in a forward cabin & I think that might have made a big difference in the feeling of the motion.

Having said that everyone was in agreement that even the rough seas were worth the destination.