Regatta cabin #7117

PeggyCTB

Has anyone stayed in stateroom 7117 on one of the small ships? It is listed as having a partially obstructed balcony. A search on the boards here also seems to indicate that it is smaller than the other concierge cabins. Yet, no one seems to have stayed in it. It is an A3 and I am wait listed for any other concierge cabin. However, since this is what was available when we booked I was not allowed to do a GTY. I do not have much hope of changing as all verandas are wait listed for this cruise. My TA continues to check. It is a 16 day cruise and the cancellation penalty kicks in 6 months and one day before sailing. We are considering not taking the cruise.

Any information here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Peggy

Having sailed on a variety of Oceania's fleet from large to small I have made an observation of the R class ships

All the cabins below PH, except for the tiny ocean view ones are all about the same size, with the same size bath and living area whether and Inside or a concierge.

The Veranda addition is the only difference, but adds nothing to the living space I think 7006 and 7007 the 2 most foward "delux Ocean views are the exception.

Based on this for a short 16 day I would get an Inside on deck 7... like 7043

or one of the 2 ocean views or a penthouse. None of the verandas are really any better than the other. The obstructed view would make me look at an inside .

Having a concierge cabin where you can get served meals in the cabin, is laughable... because there just isn't any room to do much of anything till you get to a PH.

So in my opinion Id go with either a inside or a penthouse and would not consider anything in between, as I see no real value that I would get for the additional fare till you get to a PH.

we were in 7115 (next door) the cabin is the same size the obstruction is the top of balcony where the hull slopes

the middle row of balcony cabins show the last cabin with the slope of the structure

unless you are 7' tall I cannot see it being a big issue

i-zvZzbbQ-M.jpg

Edited by LHT28

Peggy-

The cabin and veranda of 7117 are identical in size to any other A3.

What is different is that, because it is the aft-most "standard cabin" on deck 7 (the Owners Suite has the corner), the diagonal slope of the superstructure alters the shape of the veranda opening in the structure of the ship

insignia_stern_480.jpg To put it another way, the glass wall between the cabin and the veranda is rectangular, but the opening from the veranda to the sea (where the railing is) is oddly shaped because of the structure of the ship.

r-staterooms-3d-veranda-sm.jpg

Thank you so much for the pictures. They are worth a multitude of words. We have done many Oceania cruises but mostly on the 'O" ships. We have sailed Regatta twice and booked this one on our April Regatta sailing. At the time we were told we would be listed as a guarantee as this was not a good cabin but the computer keeps putting us back to this. We are more recently off Marina where we were told our TA just has to be able to grab another as cancellations come in as they inevitably do. However, I am not truly counting on that.

Thanks again.

Peggy

Hi, we have had cabin 7117 twice. We actually like this cabin as the slight obstruction actually gives us some shade when the sun is on the starboard side and it is hot.

• 2 months later...
We had 7006 on the Regatta last year going up the Amazon, and have it again on the holiday cruise on Sirena...loved it.

Excuse the mess, this is the best picture I have of the room...huge window.

This has to do with the topic ...HOW?

This has to do with the topic ...HOW?

Having sailed on a variety of Oceania's fleet from large to small I have made an observation of the R class ships

All the cabins below PH, except for the tiny ocean view ones are all about the same size, with the same size bath and living area whether and Inside or a concierge.

The Veranda addition is the only difference, but adds nothing to the living space I think 7006 and 7007 the 2 most foward "delux Ocean views are the exception.

Thank you for pointing that out.....Gee, I am sorry!