usa to australia round trip

kllychpmn

Yea sad is it seems the red center in February is to far away and to hot as much as I would love to see it but it's not in the cards I'm thinking a side trip to Brisbane via coff harbour the maybe port Augusta The other way ?

I'm also a touch concerned about a Sydney accommodation for two weeks with air conditioning that works does anybody know if that is there high season for hotels or should we able to after a day or so wing it

I'm also a touch concerned about a Sydney accommodation for two weeks with air conditioning that works does anybody know if that is there high season for hotels or should we able to after a day or so wing it

Most hotels in Sydney are Air conditioned, in fact I can't think of any that aren't.

I wouldn't be planning on winging it, I'd book.

As an American looking in, my experience of NZ vs Oz is that indeed these two countries are more similar than different although I must admit I spent most of my time in NZ in Auckland and Christchurch and surrounding areas and only a total of about 4 weeks on the ground. Perhaps visiting other areas might convince me otherwise but for now in my opinion NZ is very much like Oz. That's not an insult, btw. I also see certain areas of Oz as being very like US cities and landmark areas. Also Christchurch reminded me of certain US college towns. Again not an insult, just describing how it made me feel when I was there.

We flew to Australia and NZ via SE Asia. We spent several weeks doing an independent driving tour, with a Fiji cruise in between. Brisbane -Sydney, Sydney-Great Ocean Road in a rental car. We planned a driving trip in NZ but had to change those plans to a 17 day cruise because of DW's back injury.

We found Australia and NZ to be very different. We also found Australians and NZ'ers to be different from each other and in many ways more like Canadians than Americans. Our NZ cruise was very good, it also went to Adelaide and Perth. But we found that we really did not see/experience NZ as much as we would by doing a road trip so this was a disappointment. We are planning to do the trip again. The one exception was the S. Island fjords by cruise ship. We had an spectacular day and this part of the trip was only possible by ship.

We also plan to go back to Australia and keep doing it in small 'chunks'. It is a vast country, lots to see and experience. From our perspective a cruise may give us a slight overview of some of the larger towns but we would have missed some of our favourite places and experiences.

Edited by iancal