Majesty of the Seas - June 6th Sailing

Hello! This is my first CC post. We returned this morning from our four day cruise on the Majesty. This is our second cruise, the first being 5 years ago on the Carnival Conquest.

This trip was an add-on to an Orlando trip, so it was basically chosen for the departure date and port. We drove from Oklahoma, so we had been in the car a long time! The night before, we spent the night in Gainesville, then drove in for departure day. We had not prepared ourselves for the turnpike tolls. We happened to have thrown a bunch of quarters in the car, so we had change, we just had not expected to go through all of it! Live and learn.

We had pre-arranged parking with Park N Cruise, parking was quick and then we were on our way in the shuttle. Checking in was straightforward, we had to wait in line at the check-in desk section, but it wasn't too long. When we were issued our Sea Passes, we were also given a boarding group number. The wait for our time slot was about 30, then we boarded the Majesty.

Our cabin was an interior room on Deck 2 (we're cheap!). It was tiny, the bathroom tinier. We met our steward, Muhommad, then went to explore the ship.

The pool area was not huge, and the new splash area took some of the space. I never tried to swim, laying in the loungers is good enough for me! I would not have minded getting in the hot tub, but all of them were full when I checked, again, not a big deal to me. Each day there was some kind of buffet available, but we never tried it. I did make use of the ice cream machine.

We were in the early seating in the Moonlight Dining room. Just as with our first cruise, we ended up with a fantastic waiter, Oren. We really enjoyed interacting with him each evening. The food was fine, about what I expected. I was a bit surprised about dining room dress - for some reason I expected the passengers to be a bit more dressed up than our Carnival Cruise, the opposite was true. Could that be related to this being a 4 day cruise, when our Carnival had been a 7 day.

The evening entertainment was great. We saw the comedian the first night, and then several of the productions shows. The Love and Marriage Game show was hilarious!

Our itinerary shifted, from the original plan, as a medical emergency shifted our sequence of stops. We ended up having the day at sea first and then Coco Cay last. I think that worked out well for the weather, as well.

For Nassau, we used Resort for the Day and went to the Hilton. For Coco Cay, we had booked a snorkle/sand bar excursion. The weather changed up the plans for that somewhat, as the tour operator shifted our path to avoid showers. Instead of stopping at a sandbar, we ended up getting off the boat and floating in loungers for a while before heading back.

The Voom internet was great. We had to re"purchase" each day, but it was nice to be able to text with our kids and check on other things. I had downloaded the Royal IQ app, but could never get it to work, the front desk attendant was no help when I asked for assistance. I liked the thought of having the Compass on my phone, but the app not working definitely falls under the category of first world problem!

Overall we really liked it. I know the Majesty is small, but it worked for us. As far as comparing it to our Carnival Cruise, I would say my opinion is fairly even. I will say that since we live at least a day's drive from the nearest ports, I would prefer to do the longer cruise. Four days was a bit short, I missed the extra days at sea.

Royal iQ only works when onboard Quantum of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

Do you know if you have to purchase a internet package to use the app? I never purchase internet, but I usually have my tablet with me for reading. It would be great to have the compass electronically!

Do you know if you have to purchase a internet package to use the app? I never purchase internet, but I usually have my tablet with me for reading. It would be great to have the compass electronically!

You do not have to purchase an internet package to use the RoyalIQ app. However, if you want to use the app to message others on the same ship who are also using the app, you must pay $7.95 per phone per cruise.