Where do I go next ?

Sunday past (05 Jun 16) through these pages I found out that the Raphsody's sailing on the 23 Oct 17 was cancelled amongst others. Within 30 minutes I am sitting with my TA to sort it out.

How wrong was I.

TA calls RCCL UK 's office, who refuse to acknowledge that the cruise is cancelled, asking for 48 hours to sort it out.

No problem says I, bearing in mind the cruise is for 2017.

Wednesday 8th I go back to my TA who shows me an email from RCCL to the effect that the cruise was not cancelled and that there had been no notifications to that effect sent out.

TA back on the phone to RCCL with no success.

Having heard nothing from either my TA or RCCL ,yesterday, I go back to the TA, who in turn calls direct to the Redeployment Team in Miami, I will add here, it was at my request.

Result, Miami confirm that the sailing is cancelled and that she will inform the UK Office accordingly. This is all happening whilst my TA hangs on the line.

Miami supply the name of the contract to my TA and they are connected.

Here is the outcome, the UK representative of RCCL refuses to deal with this matter as they are not in possession of written confirmation that the cruise is cancelled bearing in mind, she has just been told that the cruise has been cancelled . My TA was abruptly told not to continue with call as no matter how long she is on the line for, nothing is going to change.

I have never heard of such diabolical customer service in my life, in fact, I felt sorry for my TA.

Who can I turn to, as it has been my experience in the past, if you complain to the top the faster things get sorted.

My patience is getting rather thin with RCCL LO

Until YOU hear FROM THE CRUISLINE...stop worrying....when they cancel a cruise and inform you, they usually offer some compensation. So, just wait! In the meantime, find something else you'd like to book, but do NOT cancel your existing booking! Wait for them to figure it out, and offer you something for your troubles!

Sunday past (05 Jun 16) through these pages I found out that the Raphsody's sailing on the 23 Oct 17 was cancelled amongst others. Within 30 minutes I am sitting with my TA to sort it out.

How wrong was I.

TA calls RCCL UK 's office, who refuse to acknowledge that the cruise is cancelled, asking for 48 hours to sort it out.

No problem says I, bearing in mind the cruise is for 2017.

Wednesday 8th I go back to my TA who shows me an email from RCCL to the effect that the cruise was not cancelled and that there had been no notifications to that effect sent out.

TA back on the phone to RCCL with no success.

Having heard nothing from either my TA or RCCL ,yesterday, I go back to the TA, who in turn calls direct to the Redeployment Team in Miami, I will add here, it was at my request.

Result, Miami confirm that the sailing is cancelled and that she will inform the UK Office accordingly. This is all happening whilst my TA hangs on the line.

Miami supply the name of the contract to my TA and they are connected.

Here is the outcome, the UK representative of RCCL refuses to deal with this matter as they are not in possession of written confirmation that the cruise is cancelled bearing in mind, she has just been told that the cruise has been cancelled . My TA was abruptly told not to continue with call as no matter how long she is on the line for, nothing is going to change.

I have never heard of such diabolical customer service in my life, in fact, I felt sorry for my TA.

Who can I turn to, as it has been my experience in the past, if you complain to the top the faster things get sorted.

My patience is getting rather thin with RCCL LO

When our cruise was cancelled it took several weeks for a formal announcement and any correspondence from RC even though we knew it was cancelled.

It takes time but they will contact your TA once alternatives are available. They will offer to price guarantee some alternative cruises and also offer you obc. Even if you go to the top, this is unlikely to be resolved any quicker until they have a formal announcement. Just be patient and in the meantime start looking at alternatives so when they contact you, you will have an idea of what you want to do instead.

I was booked on one of the Rhapsodys cancelled sailings. I didn't wait for them to contact me, instead I called their redeployment desk at 1-888-281-9344 and they got everything straightened away in minutes. Switched to another cruise with some OBC no problems.

Hope everything works out for you.

I was booked on one of the Rhapsodys cancelled sailings. I didn't wait for them to contact me, instead I called their redeployment desk at 1-888-281-9344 and they got everything straightened away in minutes. Switched to another cruise with some OBC no problems.

Hope everything works out for you.

Deleted. (Had a question regarding your upcoming cruises but saw the answer).

Edited by leaveitallbehind