Hop On/ Hop Off Beach Shuttle

ballymae

The one I am referring to went to Tobacco Bay, Alexandria Battery Park, etc.

The hop on hop off is no more. There are shuttles to Tobacco Bay, St Catherine, St. David, from St George's but they are not hop on hop off.

Edited by Charles4515

Any ideas for how to get to Alexandria Battery Park if the HOHO is no more?

My understanding of the new shuttle services is that there will be a shuttle that drops off at Alexandria Battery Park. Below is link to what they have put out. It looks like the St. Catherine shuttle continues on to Gates Fort and Alexandria Battery. Another option is walking. That is what I did.

2d491f3953ab0947cfbbb9aa6ec60ee4.jpg

Edited by Charles4515

• 2 weeks later...
Any ideas for how to get to Alexandria Battery Park if the HOHO is no more?

Wow, this is sad news. I know the drivers seemed excited about the HOHO last year and was hoping it would be a success and they would keep it. It's too bad they decided to discontinue it. I know plenty used it. Now it will cost quite a bit to get anywhere in that area. :(

Wow, this is sad news. I know the drivers seemed excited about the HOHO last year and was hoping it would be a success and they would keep it. It's too bad they decided to discontinue it. I know plenty used it. Now it will cost quite a bit to get anywhere in that area. :(

There really are not that many who go to St. George's every day these days. Since the ships stopped docking there it seems empty to me. Only several hundred can get there by ferries. The ships used to drop several thousand. Two ships usually during the week. I don't think a private hop and hop off can be viable without ships docking there every week. They are running shuttles, I don't think it adds up that much cost. Plus you can walk all of it for free without taking shuttles or taxis.

• 2 weeks later...
There really are not that many who go to St. George's every day these days. Since the ships stopped docking there it seems empty to me. Only several hundred can get there by ferries. The ships used to drop several thousand.

I may have to disagree a bit;).

We go every summer.... the ferry is packed, lots of folks on the bus as well and St George's does not look too abandoned to me. Perhaps not thousands, but hundreds.....oh yes they do go!

I may have to disagree a bit;).

We go every summer.... the ferry is packed, lots of folks on the bus as well and St George's does not look too abandoned to me. Perhaps not thousands, but hundreds.....oh yes they do go!

In the old days there would be two ships docked in St. George's during the week. About 3000 or so passengers. Now only 300 or so can get there on each ferry. There are only a few ferries a day. Like every other hour. There is a very noticeable difference. What is now ferry terminal was one of two cruise ship docks. In the picture below is such a ship that I was on.

463fbaf9833f57f175dbb99714458fb0.jpg

Edited by Charles4515